Matt's Humble Fox

What do you think?

• More Detail!!

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Less Detail!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
So I decided to go the route of lacquer putty to skim the whole nose pretty much,
IMG_1496.jpg
while that was drying up i pounded a couple layers of epoxy into the door cavities...
IMG_1510.JPG
then i hit the spoiler...
IMG_1511.JPG
and then I hit the nose and bumper
IMG_1512.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1509.JPG
    IMG_1509.JPG
    655.1 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: 4 users
  • Sponsors (?)

You must have all the time in the world Matt. You should fly down to Abq and help me with my car! It’s all in the prep!!

Reactions: 1 user
You must have all the time in the world Matt. You should fly down to Abq and help me with my car! It’s all in the prep!!
lol thanks man! I guess it seems that way:confused: ! I did alot of work over a few weeks and i took pictures of everything and i'm still cataloging it all, i should have done better prep though man i know she's a short hair and panel bond queen but i'm ok with it:shrug:. i'm learning to weld now so one day i can give a car the proper ground up restoration i'm coming to understand!

After letting the primer cure up I hit everything with short strand to give them a little strength
IMG_1517.JPG
IMG_1523.JPG
i put a straight edge on the door panel and clamped it together see if the filler will hold maybe...
IMG_1518.JPG
IMG_1519.JPG
IMG_1520.JPG
IMG_1521.JPG
started grinding down the hatch and found some weak spots... surprise! lol
IMG_1529.JPG
IMG_1530.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
Once i got all the prep done on the panels and let the primer set up i started spraying stuff out
IMG_1534.JPG
The quality of the photos is just stellar :doh:
IMG_1535.JPG
the spoiler came out pretty good..
IMG_1536.JPG
and the inner door panel repairs held in nice for some good mil thickness on there...
IMG_1537.JPG
IMG_1538.JPG
IMG_1543.JPG
The bumper covers :rock:
IMG_1544.JPG
IMG_1545.JPG
IMG_1542.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Thanks! Yeah it’s pretty easy to work with, i picked up a devilbiss starting line gravity feed hvlp kit, for a couple hundred on ebay, came with a couple needles and a touch up gun , it’s pretty good for the price I think...
That seems like a pretty good deal. 1.3 tip? I tested a Devilbiss gun for a bit before deciding to go with a couple of Iwatta brand guns. I spray waterborne paint at work. A coworker of mine uses a Devilbiss gun every day though and it seems like a good quality option.

That seems like a pretty good deal. 1.3 tip? I tested a Devilbiss gun for a bit before deciding to go with a couple of Iwatta brand guns. I spray waterborne paint at work. A coworker of mine uses a Devilbiss gun every day though and it seems like a good quality option.
Yeah 1.3 , and a 1.6 for higher builds, i like it, its entry level but thats all I could spring for. they have a finishline”kit which looked good but it is quite a bit more. But im not spraying alot either so.

So i started prepping the hatch and such...
IMG_1554.JPG
The doors had some pretty bad wow spots...
IMG_1555.JPG
and then i was dumb and forgot to take pictures of spraying the doors and hatch :mad:...so i started re-assembling the shell..
IMG_1556.JPG
heres hatch and spoiler, tailights in..
IMG_1557.JPG
I did a little test panel for the stripping which i think i like in gloss black, should look sharp
IMG_1558.JPG

Reactions: 2 users