Maximum motorsport clutch cable with UPR quadrant?

Hey guys,

Like the title says, I have a UPR quadrant and FWA all ready on the car. Can I use the Maximum cable with that quad or is there another you can recommend that will work well?

Thanks

Jeff

88GT with t-5 by the way......

• Sponsors (?)

It should work. I don't see why it wouldn't. There are better FWA's out there though, IMO.

BTW, I have a brand new MM Ford cable if you're interested. Also have a Fiore FWA that I won't need anymore.

The FIORE Micro Click adjuster is the best firewall adjust out there. The stock clutch cable seems to be the best one out there. What's the benefit with MM cable? I changed to aftermarket cable (won't mention the brand) which left me stranded. Pulled the stock one out of the garage, installed it, still on the car after 17 years.

I have the mm cable and the pedal feel and adjustment is awesome , supposedly it states on there site it's constructed the same as the ford oem, just my opinion thought not brand riding just sharing experience .

The MM cable has the same guts as the ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT Ford cable, but is slightly longer, which is supposed to allow you to route it in a more gradual curve to increase the longevity of the cable. It's a very nice piece, and has survived on my car where other cables didn't.

Note that the FRPP "adjustable" cable is NOT constructed the same as the OE Ford cable. I have broken the FRPP piece, as well as a parts store replacement cable. The FRPP cable lasted a long time, though. Maybe 30K miles.

does ANYONE make an adjustable cable worth a :poo:? im running a stock cable currently with a quick release QUAD and a stack racing (thought it was UPR but i found the box the other day) and while my clutch looked find when i pulled it out my adjuster was at its limit. not sure if it was stretched to all hell or not though

The answer is no. All the adjustable cables are pieces of :poo: compared to good OEM-style cables. Most (maybe all) of them are too long, so you end up having to take all the adjustability out of them in the first place, and they don't pull as easy as OEM.

does ANYONE make an adjustable cable worth a ****? im running a stock cable currently with a quick release QUAD and a stack racing (thought it was UPR but i found the box the other day) and while my clutch looked find when i pulled it out my adjuster was at its limit. not sure if it was stretched to all hell or not though

I had to stack washers with my setup to get the FWA back into the middle of its range, because it was at its limit. I'm running the MM cable, UPR FWA, and FRPP quadrant.

I find if you have a firewall quad and a stock cable you need a multiple hook quad to get adjustment right.

MFE is right, havent found a decent adj cable yet. Anyone check their local dealer for a cable recently, mine wanted like $260!!

+2316531 on using the OEM cable, and we have probably 7-10 different types of firewall adjusters. Our latest design has a huge base to keep firewall flex under control. (which is actually a problem with heavy pressure plates) It's still super inexpensive though. And patent pending. ;)