Maximum Motorsports K member

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not too worried about insurance, I dought they would cover me for much being a 7 year old car anyway. I don't have any power adders and the car is legal in every aspect. Having a K member does not make it illegal.

Any technical aspects I should consider? I know I have to use a coilover setup and MM says I need their tubular control arms. Their arms look very strong.

Anybody actually have the MM K memmber?

I'm not too worried about insurance, I dought they would cover me for much being a 7 year old car anyway. I don't have any power adders and the car is legal in every aspect. Having a K member does not make it illegal.

Any technical aspects I should consider? I know I have to use a coilover setup and MM says I need their tubular control arms. Their arms look very strong.

I'm not saying it illegal. Iam saying its a safety issue from the insurance companys standpoint. It falls in the same catigory as removing the bumper support for a lame body kit.

i have a mm k member for my 04 mach and it was very easy to install. i would not recomend going with the stock control arms. you have to modify them to fit. also great for lt header swaps. just unbolted them to rebuild my engine and they come right off without unbolting the k member. the whole swap took about 6 hours and an allignment

the tire fitment is fine. i have 17x9 03 black cobra rims with 275 40 17 sumitomo tires in the front and 17x10.5 in the back with mickey thompson 315 35 17 et streets. the only problem with the swap was the grip in in the front improved so much the ass end feels like junk. the rear tires don't help though. i have a 03 cobra and a 01 bullitt too and it out handles them in the front. i am definatly planing to do the rear as well from mm, the install was easy and the sales people seem to go out of their way to help you. i can post pics tomarrow.

Looking forward to the pictures!!!

The more I think about Darks insurance comments, I wonder if he's thinking I have a cheap body kit,...... hmmmm Well it wasn't cheap and it's all Ford.

Seriously though, insurance need it or not, sucks no matter how you look at it.

Lets try to keep focused on the MM K member! I've been reading nothing but good things about.

Any problems picking out a good spring rate? I've got "C" springs in there and I'd like the ride to stay the same.

I do! I have the K-member, zero offset LCA's with urethane bushings, and coilover kit with 350# springs in the front. The K-member is a quality peice, is a bit lighter than stock, and provides a lot more clearance for exhaust and just general working on the car. The K-member isn't really built for "safety" (though anecdotal evidence seems to imply its safer than 'other' tubular K-members on the market), the "strength" factor is what's key. For road racing, corner carving, etc it's a great setup! With an IRS in the back like I have it really helps balance out the weight (iron blocks suck bleh).

Buy it, you won't be disappointed! :nice: