maximum motorsports strut brace owners come in

Bolt on 5.0

Founding Member
Jun 26, 2002
Suffolk, NY
HI I just bought this mustang a few months ago. The previous owner put on the maximum motors strut tower brace. I personally do not like it and it prevents the vacuum tree from mounting properly on the firewall. Anyone else withthis problem?

Also is there mutch benifit for this brace, I have subframe connectors and do not plan on rally racing this car, pretty much straight runs and normal weekend cruising.

• Sponsors (?)

Some guys are able to keep their vacuum tree in the stock location while others have to relocate it. I had to relocate mine straight up about an inch and it cleared everything just fine.

Out of all of the strut tower braces out there I think that it is the best one. It mounts to the strongest part of the firewall so you don't have to worry about ripping a hole in the fire wall.

If however you don't really want it I am sure that you could sell it either on ebay or in the classifieds here or at corral.

The only reason I got rid of my MM tower brace was that it did not clear the dist on the 351w.

That is the best tower brace available, if you were to ask me.:D

My advice would be to suck it up and drill another hole (or 2) in the firewall to mount the vac tree.
Or you could get creative and relocate it somewhere else?

That brace is worth keeping. I wish I had mine back. :(
Not sure how helpful it would be in the 1/4 mile though.

jason

yeh I will be bringing the car to the track sometimes but not often being there isnt one near my home. I guess I am trying to figure out if the brace benifits drag race cars as well as cornering. I would only keep it if it benifits drag racing, if not it will be taken off

Anything that stiffens the chassis will benifit any kind of racing, the less the chassis flexes the better the suspension will work, the strut tower will not make as much differance as the subframes obviously, but it helps and certianly does not hurt anything.

I got my MM brace to fit in between two vacuum lines on on the tree. I could not mount the vacuum tree all the way down because I was afraid of breaking it, but I re-used the same hole without a problem. I did have to remove the MAF bracket (don't need it anyway) and the protective black plastic thing that goes over the coil. It is a good brace, I would recommend it

vristang said:
The only reason I got rid of my MM tower brace was that it did not clear the dist on the 351w.

jason

Which number brace did you have? I have a 351W in mine as well and wanted to put a brace from MM. I even thought about fabricating one. Heard it's not too hard to do.

Stang951 said:
Which number brace did you have? I have a 351W in mine as well and wanted to put a brace from MM. I even thought about fabricating one. Heard it's not too hard to do.

I have no idea what the part number was.

Actually, I didn't even know they had more than one part number.

I will have to check out their site again.

I thought about fabricating my own as well, or just modifying the MM one.
Problem is I don't have a welder. :(

jason

I put on the MM strut tower brace and K-member brace before I got the subframe connectors welded on. I noticed that it drove nicer, just a more solid feeling. Then with the subframe connectors on everything seemed to tighten up and it corners much better now. The stock 170,000 mile motorcraft struts are still on, the rest of the suspension is stock, but it corners pretty damn tight now. During normal driving the car feels tighter, like new, and going over bumps and road imperfections doesn't cause the interior crashing sound anymore. I haven't been to the track since, so I can't add how 1/4 mile times were affected. I'd imagine the 60' time would be more consistant if not better considering weight transfer is more direct without all the flexing of the chassis.

prob not on the vidio but well see, that truck in the vid that says pimpin on the back, he lives in my town. He knowa the guy who made the vid so maybe Ill get a clip on there.

And larence yeh Im sure the bar make a difference in the cornering but Im all about going straight and fast. I was looking through my mustang pages and most of the high horspower cars in the mag DO Not have any bracing

The thing about those high horespower cars is that that more than likely have a cage in them which makes the chassis very rigid. Unless you have a full cage with the front bars your chassis will not very stiff. Just as a test jack up on tire on your car and look at how much the front of your chassis twists...you will be amazed....and it does this every time you lauch hard!