Progress Thread Maximum Motorsports Strut Brace

C&l c.a.i. won't fit with my maximum Motorsports strut brace.

• Maximum

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • C&l

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

horses and snakes

Apr 19, 2017
I have a maximum Motorsports strut brace on my 99 cobra and I bought a c& l c.a.i. from American muscle. They said it wound fit but it doesn't. What can I do to make it fit. I doesn't fit at the top between the brace and the throttle body.

• Sponsors (?)

Pick which item you want the most.

STB's...there's debate on if they actually do anything. In terms of handling, it's been debated and argued that it does nothing for actual handling. What is does do is change the frequency the vehicle vibrations resonate at, giving the illusion of a change.

CAI's? Really more for visual. The factory setup is more than adequate.

I'd send back the CAI and just leave the STB on for now.

Yes I ended up sending it back I think the strut brace looks pretty nice If that's all it's good for I wasn't going to take it off the car. Now the CNL was a nice-looking piece but look like it would have let a lot of hot air in being that it was metal. I do have a chance to pick up the jlt that starts in the fender and goes all the way up to the throttle body for 80 bucks And it has a 90 mm mass air meter. They claim that it won't fit with a strut brace either But I heard a guy recently saying that his work with his stut brace he said it was tight you just have to wiggle it in there. If you really get the 12 to 14 horses to the wheels as they claim I think it's worth it for 80 bucks looks like a lot of work to take the strut brace off though it was on there when I bought the car. Also I don't like looking at the stock Inlet tube. Thanks for the reply guys.