Maximum Motorsports Suspension Installed!! (PICS)

• Sponsors (?)

OMG, thats a nice ass, on the stang of course, thats some amazing looking **** under there, 10 thumbs up for u :nice: :nice: :nice: :nice: :nice: :nice: :nice: :nice: :nice: :nice: , seriously i wish i could afford to do what u did , i wil be getting uppers and lowers, and maybe coil overs for the back. and maybe a nice anti roll bar, but, unless i can find a panhard bard, for a good price, i will just dream, also is there a way to run with with tails, i have an lx and wouldnt want a tailess car. they just look so good sticking out the back. and i wil prolly never be blessed with a disc brake set up in the rear either.

I know I'm a little late, but I wanted to subscribe for future reference. I do have a question though for you Tunedin302:

How does the FRPP diff. cover fit with the MM panhard? Is it one of the newer models made for the '05? I will be in the market for both the FRPP cover and the MM panhard bar.

Side note: I have come back to this thread several times over the last few days because I can't get enough of your car. It's gorgeous!

9 Deuce GT said:
How does the FRPP diff. cover fit with the MM panhard? Is it one of the newer models made for the '05? I will be in the market for both the FRPP cover and the MM panhard bar.

No fitment problems. If I were to do it again I would strongly consider the trickflow. I know the studs pretrude further but their fill hole is actually usable. The FRPP has a fill hole that is not the correct height in order to represent the correct amount of fluid (found that out the hard way). I got the FRPP cover last July (05). So yes, it is a newer version. Here's a better shot:

View attachment 443060

BTW - stay tuned for exhaust that is compatiable with the MM PHB!!

9 Deuce GT said:
Side note: I have come back to this thread several times over the last few days because I can't get enough of your car. It's gorgeous!

Thanks 9deuce - the feeling is mutual. You are an inspiration to all for achieving the correct wheel offset :nice: BTW, aren't the bilstein coilovers amazing? best money I ever spent .... well that and the PHB.

So you are following the trails and tribulations of my wheel spacing disease? What a mess. LOL I really need the PHB to correct this damn thing. The rear is offset to the pass. side by about a 1/4". It doesn't seem like much, but with the spacing I am trying to achieve, I may hit a bump and then be in the market for a new quarted panel. :p

Yes, I totally agree about the coilovers. What a difference from the conventional setup. So smooth. Now I just need to get the rears. The entry price for the rears seems scariers then the fronts did to me for some reason. I really don't remember the exact price I paid for the fronts, but I want to say it was cheaper then the price quotes I see in MM's adds for the rears. Oh well, you gotta pay to play. It will be money well spent.

I just reread your edit:

So what you are saying, I think, is that the FRPP cover makes you pull the factory fill plug in the front of the diff. to achieve the correct fill amount? That does kind of suck, but IMO the FRPP cover is just plain sweet looking.

9 Deuce GT said:
I just reread your edit:

So what you are saying, I think, is that the FRPP cover makes you pull the factory fill plug in the front of the diff. to achieve the correct fill amount?

Exactly ..... or else, if you know the exact amount the rear takes with the FRPP (b/c it is deeper than stock) then you can put that amount in through the FRPP fill hole.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I really cannot say enough about how impressed I am with this suspension setup. The car handles amazing compared to the stocker.

As for the setup, I wanted a nice ride but good handling. I didn't want an all out track car so I did not go with race valved shocks, etc. The rear is a Hypercoil spring with a wheel rate of 175 lb/in and MM HD bilsteins. For the fronts, I plan to do MM HD bilsteins and a hypercoil 300 lb/in spring.

I am very happy with choosing the spring rate I did. If you are serious about then I would definately talk to MM about deciding on the correct spring rate.