McLeod Hydraulic Clutch Conversion Kit

• Sponsors (?)

It just came out. I first saw it in the last issue of MM&FF so I checked their web site and its pretty darn expensive at around 600.00! I was going to get it for my Fox but I could use that kinda cash on something better.

I agree, $600 is probably better spent elsewhere for the 2v especially. But this is an awesome find. I've driven newer S197 mustangs, and for a daily driver, I'd much rather have one of them. Those hydraulic clutches are very smoooth. If I ever get some extra $$ to throw at my car you better believe I'll be getting this kit :nice:

I can tell you first hand that my friend has a '89 fox and was tired of replacing steeda cables every six months just recently put one in like 2 weeks ago and the kit was a straight up slam dunk to install. The really trick thing about the kit was that it made his 2800# pressure plate feel like my wifes honda accord.

I can tell you first hand that my friend has a '89 fox and was tired of replacing steeda cables every six months just recently put one in like 2 weeks ago and the kit was a straight up slam dunk to install. The really trick thing about the kit was that it made his 2800# pressure plate feel like my wifes honda accord.

by straight up slam dunk to install do you mean it was really easy to install?

I think my Mustang is easier to DD with the cable clutch. The pedal does all the work for you pretty much. My Saturn has a hydraulic clutch and Fidanza aluminum flywheel (im sure the flywheel contributes to this) but its alot harder to be smooth while taking off. I like feeling the pedal push against my foot while releasing it.

I drove a newer Saleen Mustang a couple years ago and found the pedal pressure was very light, very smooth, but offered little 'feel'. I dunno, for me, I'm quite happy with an OEM cable.

install a aftermarket cable, quadrant, and a stiffer clutch.. you won't be happy with it in a parking lot, traffic, or stopping/starting

I use one in my race car (not this model). I love it and hate it at the same time. I like it because it's better than a stock pivot fork (think GM 3-speed) but it's a pain in the butt to install and bleed. With mine, maybe not this one, I have to shim behind it to make it work. Get it wrong and you'll blow the o-ring and drain all the fluid and have to pull it all back out.

I don't know if these have the same faults but something to think about.

I've got the Mcleod RXT in my car. Best damn clutch I have ever owned. Feels like butter and tolerates hard launches, big burnouts, and high speed passes up around 200mph, and doesn't skip a beat.