Mechanicals updated or repaired, new Datalog

1. 2. 3. i dont use veal to tune the secondary fuel table, it is used as a trim table. that said you should be able to make it work as described above.
4. Alpha numeric = tuning based on throttle position vs rpm
5. this allows you to add fuel based on throttle positions that are outside the norm in MAF, sometimes the MAF will be in an area of the VE table at differing conditions and will give 2 different fuel feedback loops, adding the second fuel table and making it multiplicative solves this issue.

6. I had the table setup to work with your settings you essentially made the ranges in the table useless. think about the throttle potions, 90% of your driving is done below 20% TPS postion.
hybrid alpha-n is throttle position*map on the y axis giving you a larger range to tune with. if it is the only tuning algorithm you are using.

• Sponsors (?)

1. 2. 3. i dont use veal to tune the secondary fuel table, it is used as a trim table. that said you should be able to make it work as described above.
4. Alpha numeric = tuning based on throttle position vs rpm
5. this allows you to add fuel based on throttle positions that are outside the norm in MAF, sometimes the MAF will be in an area of the VE table at differing conditions and will give 2 different fuel feedback loops, adding the second fuel table and making it multiplicative solves this issue.

6. I had the table setup to work with your settings you essentially made the ranges in the table useless. think about the throttle potions, 90% of your driving is done below 20% TPS postion.
hybrid alpha-n is throttle position*map on the y axis giving you a larger range to tune with. if it is the only tuning algorithm you are using.
I didn't see that this thread went to p. 3.
1. 2. 3. This is what you described above: "This time i left the MAF curve alone, I think the huge VE numbers wont be seen again. I am also going to create a second fuel multiplier table for you this way you can tune for throttle position as well.
I am asking, how do you tune for throttle position?
4. Got it, but nothing alpha about it; it's all numeric, i.e. voltage and/or counts.
5. I see now; I wasn't thinking.
6. My bad, glad I asked.
Went back to 1.1.0 but last value in MAF curve, which for some reason is 611.30 instead of 623.53 like the 13 entries before.
Probably doesn't matter at all, but I would expect all the 5.0V to be the same.

See our conversation; can you use the PLC manual?

Last edited:
Andy whittle has some YouTube videos that are jam full of great information, he tends to talk over the heads of most individuals but I think you can likely decipher what he is saying. Give him a look.

The second fuel table is something you will use to adjust for odd throttle angles. I will show you how to build a histogram using a datalog for manual trimming.
Please remind me as I have been very busy.

I figured you were busy, because you missed questions posed in #37, #38.
Can't do any testing, been raining for 2 days.
#37 --
Boost psi numbers make no sense; -12.6 to 1.1
It appears it could be the transition from vacuum to boost.
#38 --
the issue I'm having did not occur with the 30 lb injectors. Don't know the reason why.

I understand what VE2 is used for, just not how to use it.
I've never built a histogram using a datalog for manual trimming.
Then how does the histogram get back to VE2?

I tried loading a datalog, removing optional Z-axis removes all; guess it's not optional?
Maybe load Z-axis with VE2 or VE Trim 1 or 2 or...?

I've heard of Andy from MSExtra forums.

Ah from #38 you are looking at the minimum and maximum values on the left side of the table, that is not the transition at datapoint. If you click and drag right you can highlight a portion of the datastream and see the min/max/average values for the selected area.

It's #37, -12.6 psi is -25.7 inHg, i.e. full vacuum
The conversions were messed up in my head.

I remembered that 28inH2O is about 1 psi.
We made our own gauges when needed for Explosion Proof with no EP power boxes. Used Nitrogen purge, unlimited supply.
Probably no EP at Busch Gardens, plenty of them when hydrogen or rocket fuel is near.

The click & drag function is cool.
Already had the field views setup in non-HD.
There must be an ini file or something to get them into HD?
This file: MegaLogViewer.properties
Didn't work, opened both side by size & made fields the same.

Last edited:
I let AutoTune correct the VE2 Trim Table.
VE2 Trim-Blown88GT.REV.MAF RE-CURVE TEST 1.0.3-1.jpg

Attachments

• Blown88GT.REV.MAF RE-CURVE TEST 1.0.3-1.msl
    3.8 MB · Views: 88
  • Blown88GT.REV.MAF RE-CURVE TEST 1.0.3.msq
    120.4 KB · Views: 96