**MERCURY CAPRI OWNERS INSIDE!**

Would you be interested in a Capri specific subforum in 5.0 Talk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  • Sponsors (?)

I own a 81 Mercury Capri RS and i looking to up grade the suspension and i was goin to start with the struts and springs. what would the best setup for that car. i dont want it to be slammed but alittle lower than stock. Maybe like just a 1inch drop tops. and make the front and rear at a even stance??

This has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Moved to it's own thread.

I say keep Capri threads mixed in 5.0 tech and talk. I think they are interesting threads and I probably would forget to check a new Capri thread if they were in their own section.

My $.02

Keep it in the regular 5.0 section... I like Capri's & I would forget to check for new threads as well if it was in a seperate section... For instance, i have an 03 Mach 1, & I rarely ever check out the Mach 1 subforum since its sooooo dead in there.... I did vote yes, because I would be interested, but I would rather it be in the regular 5.0 section....

Epik has a good point. I never go to the SVT section eaither cause its always dead. I didnt even know we had a Mach1 section :rlaugh:

I don't own one, but a good example why not to....I needed some opinions on a good wheel cleaner, so i posted about it in Show and Shine or whatever it is, and after 2 days i had zero replies and only a handful of views. I then posted it in 5.0 Talk and minutes later i got a ton of replies. I just don't think there's a huge enough demand for it. It'd be like an SSP only forum...there just aren't enough people to traffic it.

There's a reason why I posted this poll. I said, "No derailment" FOR A REASON.

Please only post you're reason for voting yes or no and whether or not you're a Capri owner.

:nonono:
It seemed relevant to the topic at hand :shrug:

And no, I dont own a Capri. My point was that too many sub forums just end up getting ignored. SVT section is dead and I just saw Mach1 section and that has less threads then that other place :D
Its good to have somewhat of a mish mash of same but different Stangs in each forum. :nice:

No. :notnice:

Only differences between Capri and Mustang models are strictly cosmetic; mechanically, they have identical 5.0 motors, trannies, rear ends, and everything else. I don't see the point in creating a separate tech forum strictly for Foxes that only have different bumpers, fenders, hoods, sail panels, hatches (on the '85-'86 models only), and interior trim items; as far as a non-tech Capri forum, I honestly don't believe there are enough Capri owners on here to warrant it, either.

Sorry. :shrug: