Met the girl of my dreams today

Any of the shirts at the Wicked Jester website would be good.. :)

Especially the following:

"All I want for Christmas is Santa's Bad Girl List"
"Heavily Medicated for your protection"
"Think the police don't help? Next time you're in trouble, try calling a crackhead"
"Can't talk now (the squirrels are watching)"
"I do what ever the voices in my wife's head tell me to do"
"One by one the garden gnomes steal my sanity"
"Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians"
and my favorite:

"Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps"
:rlaugh:
If I can figure out how to add a link I'll add the site.
 
Staying :OT: for a moment, one of my favorite tee's sez.....

"I've been rope-burned, rope slapped, horse wrecked, frog walked, pile driven, wire cut, sunfished, leg broke, hung up, hung out, hung over, thumb cut, fisticuffed, sucker punched, b*tch slapped, hoof kicked, cow punched, dragged down, high rolled, crow hopped, blind bucked, spit on, **** on, snake bit, hog cut, dog bit, thrown over the front and kicked out the back, hornet stung, jerked down, mucked out, rim-fired, rained on, wind-burned, ridden drag, stampeded, ground worked, broke cinched, dude screwed, saddle sore, top hand, low man, stove up, ridden hard and put away wet....

WHY THE H*LL WOULD I TAKE YOUR CRAP?"



AND NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY-SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING, ALREADY IN PROGRESS......



So, BDT, what's the latest news?
Any new pic's??? :D
 
I started reading this post on sat-25th. now i need my daily fix. whats going on with this young man?. i've been married for a while now and she is a mustang girl. she has 2, a 95 vert and a 84 gt. i've got 3,85 vert 88 gt and a 67 fastback. you can't find a better girl than a car girl. I hope things are good with the new girl. I'ts nice to see someone young and in love ...GOOD LUCK KID
 
Latest news, nothing too special goin on, she works at the gap in the mall so she has been hella busy lately with all the shopping and what have you, her family came up to visit her from texas, so we didn’t get to hang out, but we talked on the phone a lot. The other night she wanted me to make her something to eat when I was over at her house, we never found anything to make, so I told her I would make her something later, when we was talking on the phone, she mentioned that she was craving some spaghetti, I told her I could make that happen, so sometime this week I think Thursday she is going to come over and we are going to eat spaghetti and watch a movie. I don’t know how the hell to make spaghetti but I figure it can’t be that hard, I might have to call the mom for this one. I was also thinking about picking up some wine that would go good with it, but I don’t know what is a good brand/kind. The only sure thing is, it’s going to be soooo much fun. I do have pictures, as a matter of fact, she uploaded every picture she has onto my computer, because her computer sucks and she didn’t want to lose them all, at least that’s what she said, if you ask me she just wants me to look at them. I will give a couple,

n151000519300366788874up1.webp
This one is of her and her brother

n205300443304684473971vx7.webp
And this is just her

Things are goin great, but finals week is approaching fast, so we are about to find out how she deals with stress, she is taking 21 hours YIKES


GO KU!!!!! WOOT!!!
 

Attachments

  • n151000519300366788874up1.webp
    n151000519300366788874up1.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 117
  • n205300443304684473971vx7.webp
    n205300443304684473971vx7.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 125
A nice red, almost a blush, such as a Chardonay is a sure-fire with Spagetti. Stay away from too dark, unless she likes Cianti.

Spagetti is a cinch! A good sauce, or make Spatini or another from a packet, any yahoo can boil water and soften pasta.:rolleyes:

Now, Nice, easy music, CANDLES, toss in a tablecloth for effect, salad to keep things balanced, and wear an apron for humbling effect.:lol:

Toast your company, and enjoy the meal.:nice:

First dating advice, now how to cook. What next, Laundry??????:mad:
 
Remember, red wines go best with pasta. Just try and pick out a decent cabernet or merlot. My personal favorite is Chianti. If you have the cash and inclination, go buy a random bottle of each and see which one you like best.

Just steer clear of anything in a box! No Boone's or Franzia!
 
She called me up and said she wanted to hang out 2night if I wasn’t doing anything, Of course I said sure come on over, she said it would be an hour before she could make it, that means, I have to take a shower, clean apartment, and cancel watching football with friends, in little under an hour, let the wooing commence
 
Hate to step on Cheapie's toes, but Chardonnay is a white wine. While it's not "technically" correct to serve a white wine with red-sauced pasta, it usually goes over better with a young lady's palate, which is what we're after here ;) (and after all, we're in talk not in tech :P. A good general rule of thumb to get you started is to match the color of the wine to the color of the food/sauce -- red meat or red spag sauce = red wine; white sauce, chicken, etc. = white wine. Go to a wine store and tell the dude what you're up to and he'll be more than glad to help you choose something that fits the occasion and budget.

Call your mom for help with the cooking even if you don't need it -- she'd love to hear from you!
 
BDT 1967 said:
let the wooing commence


Yes! WOOING rocks!:banana:

Love the new pics . . . she's even hotter than I thought! :nice:

Good call on the advice to ask the person at the wine shop. Especially if they specialize in wine vs. a general liquor store. They'll steer you in the right direction. I have generally found that the wines in the $12-25 range are pretty decent. Of course, the more expensive ones are generally smoother. Don't go totally cheap on wine w/ the $5 bottle--you're likely to get overly strong flavors, aftertaste, etc.

And, finally, and MOST IMPORTANTLY: BDT, my friend, you finally sound like you're HAVING FUN more than STRESSING like you were before this sweet angel came along. Good luck to the two of you, and have fun!

By the way, cut her a little slack if she's somewhat out of sorts w/ finals. 21 hours is a pretty hefty load. She's really going to need to unwind after that!
 
BDT 1967 said:
...I do have pictures, as a matter of fact, n151000519300366788874up1.webp
This one is of her and her brother

n205300443304684473971vx7.webp
And this is just her

What a dog!

Yes, I mean the brother's beagle. Big sis is a stone fox! BDT is a lucky guy. If anything, these pics are better than the first ones.

Put me down for +1 on reen's suggesetion of the blush. Slightly heavier than a white, but still light and sweet enough to appeal to a young lady. Gotta say, though; I've been to redneck sketti parties where the wine of choice was a Liebfraumilch! I generally stick to a pilsner or light ale with Eye-talyun! :p

Definitely ask Mom for help with the spaghetti - hell, ask for her recipe for sauce! Then, if the girl likes it, casually drop in with "It's my Mom's family recipe". This early in the relationship; mentioning that you think of your Mom is cool. Just back off a little as the relationship progresses - later, being a "momma's boy" isn't quite the drawing card :lol:
 

Attachments

  • n151000519300366788874up1.webp
    n151000519300366788874up1.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 137
  • n205300443304684473971vx7.webp
    n205300443304684473971vx7.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 114
Alright now BDT my boy, listen up....

With a name like Carlo I couldn't help but reply to this thread. First off, it's GRAVY! That red stuff on your spaghetti is not just some red SAUCE. :D

This is where the majority of the meal's flavor and appeal lies. If you enjoy to cook, and it appears you do, then a good gravy is the focal point of any meal. There are two things that either make or break a restaurant for me: texture/taste of gravy and texture/taste of the chicken.... but that's for another time.

To get this meal right you need to cover all the angles. A good bread (Garlic bread is nice, but a soft Italian bread is fun to break and, if the gravy is good, use for dipping.) You can also put a nice shallow dish of olive oil with pepper, and other various Italian spices in it for a good taste. Normally I put garlic and whatever other herbs I have laying around in this. It just adds another level to your meal.

As for the main course, find out if she has a thing for Ravioli, Gnocchi, or if she prefers a simple spaghetti. If you haven't prepared them before you'll probably want to stick with an easy spaghetti dish.

On to the GRAVY! My Nana was famous for never using recipes, so the amounts of everything still get me from time to time. The best is to put a bit of oil in the bottom of your pot, chop some garlic and let it get the flavor out. I then add a large can of crushed tomatoes (16 ounces I believe), and two small cans(6 ounces I believe) of tomato paste (Let me look at the cans tomorrow and I'll get you ounce sizes) You need about 8-10 ounces of water (I'll check again tomorrow) to make it the right consistency. Garlic salt, pepper, salt, a dash of these spices, a dash of those (basil etc. your local supermarket will probably sell a bottled Italian herbs type seasoning).... to be honest I just add stuff in different amounts while I let it simmer until I get a taste I like. Simmer on your lowest setting for 3-3.5 hours, stirring regularly (Burning the gravy really isn't a good taste). If you have a gas stove, and the flame causes the bottom of the pot to burn the gravy, get another spacer between the two.

Oh, my sauce is a marinara, no meat. The girlfriend is a vegetarian, I personally don't need a meat sauce. My comments about gravy are just how I was raised, as it was just a translational thing with sauce vs gravy. In Italy meat gravy is not an everyday type thing and the word for a thick sauce was translated to this by early immigrants.

If she does eat meat, sausage is easy. If you were in the Philly area I'd send you some of my family's... but you're not.

Finally, I like a good Chianti. I think Carlo Rossi Chianti is a decent buy. It comes in a large bottle and it's not a bad wine. Unless you happen to have an uncle or three that makes their own wine :nice:

Wow, so I wrote a book. For dessert, well... you won't need to prepare anything after she ate your dinner. :SNSign: