Misfire

Michael_sn95

May 12, 2019
Virginia
Hello I have a 98 v6 with a Cai and no cats, I’ve got this mysterious miss that I cannot track down, I’ve replaced plugs, wires, coil pack, maf, fuel pump, filter, 02 sensors. I’ve cleaned all connections, all injectors seem to be working I’ve checked them.it misses when cold and under load from 2-3k rpm and it’s worse in the rain. I have used a data logger to see what’s going on and ive got normal fuel trims, but spark is kinda making me wonder cruising and at high rpm I have 20-24 degrees but when it miss it is about 13-16, I’m lost on what it could be thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Just wondering. What have you done to rule out moisture down the spark plug wells?

Are you positive that the spark plug routing is correct and all factory standoffs and looms have been used?

V6 coil pack wiring diagram

What have you done to rule out clogged injectors? Consider an injector cleaning and flow test service such as InjectorRX.com. Once cleaned and tested they are as good as new.

What have you done to confirm the base Motor's health? Compression test? Cylinder leak down test?

Last edited: