Mm Torque Arm And Exhaust

• Sponsors (?)

This question is 33% of the reason as to why I do not have a third member. The other 2/3s are time and money. lol

If we are speaking about the panhard bar and tail pipes (i assume to run a TA you need the phb)
I can say with certainty that the phb fits with dynomax ultraflo exhausts.
I recently installed an ultraflo welded catback.
I have a PHB that i am going to put on and i mach'ed it up. It clears.
Flowmaster and bassani did not clear.

If you are concerned about sound, it's fine. Like any other exhaust, you get used to it in a couple days then it becomes the norm, unless it's absurdly loud, which it is not.

It will be installed permanently when i do my rear rebuild, my 15 year old auburn is finally showing some signs of giving up.

Running a TA and a PHB and tails here. The only clearance issue I had was I had to dent one of the connector flanges on the H-pipe to clear the snout of the TA. I also had to very carefully configure the jigsaw puzzle of the catback to fully clear the PHB on the drivers side, but the tips are aligned the way they're supposed to be and everything looks legit. Dynomax LX tails, Dynomax catback, and an ancient custom-made H-pipe from long before the TA/PHB

Running a TA and a PHB and tails here. The only clearance issue I had was I had to dent one of the connector flanges on the H-pipe to clear the snout of the TA. I also had to very carefully configure the jigsaw puzzle of the catback to fully clear the PHB on the drivers side, but the tips are aligned the way they're supposed to be and everything looks legit. Dynomax LX tails, Dynomax catback, and an ancient custom-made H-pipe from long before the TA/PHB
I was hoping you would chime in. I've heard stories of body roll after install. Have you had any issue with that?

PICS!!!

I was hoping you would chime in. I've heard stories of body roll after install. Have you had any issue with that?

You need to run way stiffer rear springs with a torque arm, because the UCA setup adds so much artificial spring rate, aka "bind", that when you remove them, you need to replace the rate in order to control the roll. The benefit is, when you're done, that control is nice and linear compared to the "boom, now you're spinning" non-linear behavior you get with UCA's. Also, the PHB lowers the rear roll center, meaning the body rolls over a lower point in space, which makes the wheel tends to "tuck" more as the body rolls.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
H&R used to make springs specifically for this application, they were 390-430lb variables, so chances are that's what he has. They're the same ones I have but there are legitimate arguments to be made that they're still too soft for some applications, as evidenced by the inside front wheel in the air in my avatar. MM sells a similar spring for the TA setup, and also a much stiffer one.

Reactions: 1 user