Mobile Mechanic In PHX ?

JohnnyGee

Aug 2, 2021
Mesa Arizona
Hi guys, new member glad to be here. My son and I just recently installed new aluminum heads on his 1990 GT. I need confirmation we have the distributor in right and if we do maybe a diagnostic. It's running rough and has a knock. I'm an able mechanic, not a pro. Just need another set of eyes and hands.
Any recommendations on a mobile mechanic or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi guys, new member glad to be here. My son and I just recently installed new aluminum heads on his 1990 GT. I need confirmation we have the distributor in right and if we do maybe a diagnostic. It's running rough and has a knock. I'm an able mechanic, not a pro. Just need another set of eyes and hands.
Any recommendations on a mobile mechanic or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank in advance.
What kind of aluminum heads? Do they have pedestal mount rocker arms or adjustable with screw in studs? I'm thinking maybe a valve adjustment problem which could explain rough running and abnormal mechanical noise (which you describe as a knock)

Reactions: 1 user