Modified 93 lx

tjmaxx

Jun 21, 2004
My friend is looking to purchase a Mustang and we went and looked at a few today. He liked a 93 LX that we saw. It has 112,000 miles on it but has a rebuilt engine with 20,000 miles on it. It has a gt40 intake and exhaust with no cats and cut outs. it also has a cam and 3.73's. I believe it has a different throttle body and possibly some headers. It also has a cowl hood. The guy is asking $7,000. I know this is pretty high for a fox but it is fairly clean the body has no rust but has a few little dings and paint chips. The interior is pretty good. Around the Chicago area it is hard to find clean nice ones for a decent price. How much do you think it is worth? Also what kind of rwhp can we expect from this Mustang? Im thinking we will offer him $6,000 for it.

• Sponsors (?)

My friend is looking to purchase a Mustang and we went and looked at a few today. He liked a 93 LX that we saw. It has 112,000 miles on it but has a rebuilt engine with 20,000 miles on it. It has a gt40 intake and exhaust with no cats and cut outs. it also has a cam and 3.73's. I believe it has a different throttle body and possibly some headers. It also has a cowl hood. The guy is asking $7,000. I know this is pretty high for a fox but it is fairly clean the body has no rust but has a few little dings and paint chips. The interior is pretty good. Around the Chicago area it is hard to find clean nice ones for a decent price. How much do you think it is worth? Also what kind of rwhp can we expect from this Mustang? Im thinking we will offer him $6,000 for it.

230 hp, I'd buy it for $6,000-$6,500 because it has a new motor... Nice lx's are going for quite a bit these days. Heck I might even go $7,000 on the right day.

Yea its a dealer that specializes in Mustangs so I doubt they did the work since it has 20k miles on the engine. I think if we brought $5000 cash he would take it.

whats up, I might buy this if he will take $5000 cash in hand. The only problem is that I need to ask him some more questions, take a test drive, and sell the car i have now......ehhh any way I think when we were talking to him he said it had gt-40 heads on it also.

It's not in perfect shap but for it being a 14 year old car, I think it looked pretty good. I could see the the intake, it looked grey, and it was tubular like headers? I'm new to the mustang world so I have no Idea what to expect but I can only hope for a good outcome. just going to put this out there....but what could I expect in the 1/4 with this? all those things added with say just the gt-40 intake, gt-40 heads, and a small cam....to some heavy porting and a big bump stick? I know there are a lot of things that matter but I just want a low side/high side rwhp numbers. How about slicks and great driving?

1444471577.215047266.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

When I was looking for a fox, as soon as I saw the words rebuilt motor I went to the next one. I would be extremely hesitant of buying a car with a rebuilt motor, just because you don't know what kind of jackass pulled the motor and did the rebuild. Or, why on earth a stock 5.0 needed a rebuild at 80k miles. I never understood why there are so many of these cars out there with stock "rebuilt" engines. It's nearly impossible to break them when they're stock. I wouldn't expect to do a rebuild on a stock one until over 150k miles. I bought my '88 LX hatch in August bone stock with 37k miles in immaculate condition for $5800. The best advice I can give you is don't buy a car just to have it, wait till you find the one that you know is yours. I looked for 2 years until I found what I wanted. I wouldn't pay $5k for that car, but that's just me, and maybe the market is a little different around here. More pics of the car/interior/engine bay will help decide what it's worth. A test drive will tell you a lot as well.