• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Motor Mount Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Willybill32
  • Start date Start date Aug 12, 2024
  • Tags Tags
    motor mounts

Willybill32

But at least it's tight!
5 Year Member
Jul 16, 2019
640
366
83
Lexington, KY
Aug 12, 2024
#1
  • Aug 12, 2024
  • #1
I know I’ve read threads about motor mounts, but figured I’d ask for some insight…

My ‘86 5.0 has about 98,000 miles on it, and the motor mounts are the original ones that came with the car. The engine is coming out soon, and that seems like a good time to add new motor mounts. LMR.com lists several urethane mounts, but I’m leery of them and want stock type mounts. They have one set of stock motor mounts, which I understand are the convertible type mounts, and list for $75 or so. RockAuto lists convertible type mounts for about $15 for each side. Is there any difference between them?

Also, I understand the convertible mounts sit about 3/4” lower than the original mounts. Is that a cause for concern?

Bill
 

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face. I know my lubes
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
6,163
4,255
183
Claremore, OK
Aug 12, 2024
#2
  • Aug 12, 2024
  • #2
The only stock type mounts you can get anymore are the convertible type. They dropped the motor about 1/2” vs the others and I want to say Ford only had the very mount the last couple of years for the Fox cars.

I would probably trust the Anchor or Pioneer brand over the others.
 
Reactions: Willybill32

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
3,026
1,658
163
nevada
Aug 12, 2024
#3
  • Aug 12, 2024
  • #3
I have run solid mounts for years now, and I daily my car.
 
Reactions: Willybill32
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Motor mounts question
  • djj62478
  • Mar 18, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
15
Views
648
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 13, 2026
nickyb
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
406
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
What's it Worth? 2000 GT
  • Mustang5L5
  • May 8, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
6
Views
428
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 13, 2026
KRUISR
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
280
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
S
Requesting Guidance for 306 motor swap - Fuel? - SD? MAF?
  • So_Flo
  • Jul 26, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
32
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 4, 2026
Mcmahst
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?