Motor Mounts

So I recently got my engine rebuilt and when I was installing my clutch i noticed one of the motor mounts looked a little worn down. I don't know if it needs replacement so I came here to get some advice. Does this motor mount look like it needs replacing?

Attachments

• 20200509_142209.jpg
    20200509_142209.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 20200509_142213.jpg
    20200509_142213.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 174
  • Sponsors (?)

lt does not look bad but looks a bit sad, if you wait a few weeks I will tell you about Energy Suspension vert mounts. Just ordered them today and should be installed in 2 weeks, I have been hesitant to install these because of vibrations but we have no other choice with those generic Anchor brand rubber mounts

Those look alright, but for what its worth, I'm running Energy poly motor mounts and I quite like them on my car. Not bad with vibrations at all. But those seem to be in good condition so I would run them

Kurt im sure solid mounts are not that good when you are driving fox body 60K moles a year like i drive mine, LOL
Damn, thats a lot of miles! Idk, I got use to them. The first time I drove mine I was thinking there was more vibration. That was about a 10 to 15 mile drive. After that, I didnt notice them. I love the feel. Its totally different amd I am a bit annoyed I didnt do it sooner.

When is it fast enough? When it feels fast. These def helped with that feeling...

I will say when I get in my F150 it feels like a Cadillac, almost sloppy.

I have daily driven my stang for 12+ years.I put solid mounts in ten years ago and as long as you run rubber trans.mount it's totally cool.

Kurt im sure solid mounts are not that good when you are driving fox body 60K moles a year like i drive mine, LOL

That's a lot of miles to be driving an old car every year. You should get an award for your conviction and character. It depends on the miles though. You might get a little more vibration while sitting at a red light. There is no difference if the car is moving.

Kurt

It’s my daily driver. I live in Az and drive it 2 weekends a moth to see parents in Ca.
I have a newtruck but unfortunately my dog prefers mustang back seat over truck back seat and mustang gets better miles per gallon. I call my fox mustang my money maker she never gives me big issues.

Reactions: 1 user