Motorsport Powerdyne Supercharger.

• Sponsors (?)

If i were you id look into doing a vortech s trim. those old powerdynes are outdated and i believe internally belt driven.

Reactions: 1 user
Also don't know your present combo but if it's still speed density...it no Likey a blower! You'll have to switch to either a MAF system or an aftermarket ecu. Just a fyi. Also don't waste your time on a powerdyne. Buy a Vortech,Paxton,or a pro charger imo

^^^^ it works just fine with a SD car you buy the check valve from vortech and it goes in between the MAP and intake i ran a powerdyne set-up on my a 87 GT with no problems it was updated with the kevlar belt by 928 motorsports it made 10 psi...never had an issue with the blower...i sold it when i went turbo... for what i had invested in the powerdyne the car ran great it was fast too....in my heavy convertible with an AOD stock long block with just shorties,off road H-pipe and flowmaster cat back...it ran 13.1 at 105 mph...to me that was decent OH yeah that was on street tires with a 2.0 60ft...not bad for a little powerdyne IMO...and it was so simply to install no oil lines to run nothing....

Not necessarily promoting Powerdyne, but I picked mine up roughly 8 years ago for $600.00, which had just come off a fresh rebuild. 8 years and nearly 25,000 miles later I haven't had an issue. My car with that blower had been a best of 11.6 @118. Cheap fun, but not the blower for someone who looking to be fast. Blower is currently off the car and getting ready to be sold for what I paid for it.

Thanks for replies. I"m up in the air on what to do. I don't like the Vortech set up, cause I don't want to tap in to my oil pan for the oil for the blower. I've also been looking at kenne bell set ups, 1.8 on blower size . I really can run no more than 8 psi, cause I'm around 10:1 on compression ratio. motor is build 306 dart heads GT/40 ,crane cam, your normal bolt on's. 4;10 gears . I want something in the era of the year of my car. Its most likely the last one of it color combo on the road with t-topps. and a 5spd. its a 53,000 mile car, with black with tan interior.

Attachments

• 10-0D351940-1909488-960.jpg
    10-0D351940-1909488-960.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 174
For era then go old school paxton...SN series...there self contained no need to drill and tap your oil pan....I posted a picture i had on my computer i put one on my wifes 91 z28 she wanted one from the era also...this just gives you an idea....

Attachments

• blower bracket3.jpg
    blower bracket3.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 192
The V3 designation on any Vortech blower will tell you that it is self contained. V3Sci would be the starting step and the V3Si would be then next step up from there with the later being the blower I recommend to most people. You can find a fair amount of information on those blowers on their website. They also are available in satin, polished or black. If you have any questions about any of the Vortech or Paxton stuff feel free to ask!

FWIW My first blower was a Powerdyne... I destroyed and rebuilt that poor blower more times than I care to remember, lol