Mpg

stykthyn

I want to measure mine. It doesn't look that tall.
15 Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
gainesville
I know this is kind of like asking how much you bench but out of curiosity what king of mileage are you knocking down? I'm getting 14-15 in town and my only real hwy trip was 22-3 mpg.

• Sponsors (?)

17-18ish mpg in town (about 180 miles on a tank of gas- 10 gallons) 23 on the highway. It's gone down some since the 3.73's installed but who cares. I run 93 octane and a bottle of techron every 3000 miles.

However, I rarely get on it in the city.

I got 19.8 on my last tank, no highway driving. Mostly 35-50mph speed limits. I think with the auto I get better mileage than I did with the 5 spd. Prob cause the fun factor is smaller, I just put a transgo shift kit in though. Bumped the fun factor up a couple points. We will see if it stays around 20mpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just knocked out 22.4 on the highway this past weekend. I was pretty pleased since it isn't a stock 302. I bet it would be better if it was straight gasoline. Stupid corn lobby.

I know this is kind of like asking how much you bench but out of curiosity what king of mileage are you knocking down? I'm getting 14-15 in town and my only real hwy trip was 22-3 mpg.

That's actually really good...

You can compare some on fuelly -- http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/mustang

I saw the 1979 average and can't stop laughing, NINE mpg? Are these people towing boats everywhere they go?

I've never actually done the math but like Mike said, I don't drive it for MPG. If I ever took it on a power tour or something, I'd probably need a gas truck to follow me. The problem is less about efficiency and more about the fact that I can't drive it and keep out of the throttle long enough to let it be efficient. It would be better to measure burnouts per mile than miles per gallon.

Reactions: 1 users