Mr Freeze Vs. Snow Meth Injection Kits

• Sponsors (?)

well the big difference is delivery system. the Mr. Freeze uses just vacuum pressure. where as the snow kit uses a motorized delivery system. freeze is all mechanical where as the snow kit is more electrical. the snow kit allows for more gizmos and doodads and more tuneabilty IMO. the mr. freeze is just a straight forward do it yourself kit that you could probably make at home depot for less than what AFM sells it for.

I bought the snow kit but haven't installed it yet. I'm a huge AFM fan, but i just don't like their meth kit.

I have the snow kit on my car for almost 2 years, and I am very happy with it.

From what I have read, it seems like the Mr Freeze tends to work best if a person is running a lot of boost. Most of the dyno results I see are from people running 15+ PSI. I know a friend of mine had a hard time tuning his car with the AFM kit. He was only running about 8PSI through an S-Trim, and it just wouldn't run right under boost. Plus I just don't lilke the ideal of putting the liquid infront of the impeller of the supercharger, but that is just me.:shrug:

I put my snow kit on, and didn't hook up the electronics. Did a baseline dyno run, and made around 460rwhp. Hooked up the electronics, and lost a little power. then did a little tuning, leaned out the A/F ratio, and picked up 40rwhp. I probably could have made more if I would have added some timing, but I was concerend about reliability on the stock shortblock.

I talked to a local friend of mine today. He advised strongly agains the Snow kit. He said last year he melted 3 spark plugs because the motor seized up and did NOT deliver the coolant. He had it repaired and it did the same thing. The light came on to show the motor was on, but all than meant was that it was getting the voltage...does not actually mean the motor is on.

Anyone else hear of this happening?

Thanks
RC

I have heard about a few pump failures through the forums. Mine has been going for 2 years without any issues, but that doesn't mean it couldn't go out the next time I drive it.
Now that I am redoing my motor, I moved my air temp sensor into the #5 runner of the intake. I haven't tried it yet, but I think with the tweecer I can have it pull however much timing from the motor if the air temps get too high. That should help to protect the motor from a pump failure.

Another place to check out is Alcohol Injection Systems.
http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/
I have seen them post a lot on corral answering questions about meth injection, and their systems. They seem to have a pretty nice system as well.

i've heard a couple failures too, but come on, anything can fail. its the risk you take with any kind of product. your fuel pump could fail next time you turn on the car. this is no different.

i've heard a couple failures too, but come on, anything can fail. its the risk you take with any kind of product. your fuel pump could fail next time you turn on the car. this is no different.

That's slightly different...your gauge is there to help you...if all there is for the Meth kit is a light that ALWAYS comes on...there is no fail safe. Ill read the other post from Corral.

Thanks!
RC