Msd 6al

• Sponsors (?)

Hi,
Did mine with H/C/I, so didn't notice any more. Wouldn't think you would get much HP from a MSD 6AL ignition. It sparks multiple time per cylinder cutting down on possible misfires etc.. You would get some piece of mind the rev limiter is great. I've been in it a coulple of times.. :(

Steve

Pops Fun said:
Hi,
Did mine with H/C/I, so didn't notice any more. Wouldn't think you would get much HP from a MSD 6AL ignition. It sparks multiple time per cylinder cutting down on possible misfires etc.. You would get some piece of mind the rev limiter is great. I've been in it a coulple of times.. :(

Steve

im going to have to agree with pops.... the rev limiter is just one of the basicly safty features msd 6als have , im always bangin off mine .... :nice: :nice:

no...i have a complete msd setup...6al,dist and coil.....my car was built from scratch so i bought new components...save your money and stick with the factory setup...although the limiter is a nice feature

I ordered a MSD 6AL for my set up from Summit. The package came, and it had a 6 Digital Plus in the package, but the paper work said 6 AL. I did some reading, and saw many advantages for my set up with the 6 Digital. After 1 day of soul searching, I called Summit to tell them they had sent the wrong one. They checked, and said if I wished, they would send out 6AL and a free shipping pickup for the 6 Digital. He then said since it was there mistake, I could just keep it for the 6AL price if I wished. Guess who has a new 6 Digital Plus for there project? :) I ordered the matching HVC ll coil. That should take care of any weak spark problems....