Fox Msd Ready To Run / Fitech Efi

I'm going to pick up a FiTech 600PA EFI for my current carb setup windsor. Currently, I run a MSD ready to run pro billet with a 6AL ignition box (at the time, RRR's were the same price as 2-wire versions).

Fitech's timing control option will not work with RRR. Rather than replace with new dist. ($400CA, I would rather use for something else), does anybody see a problem with converting my RRR to a 2-wire, by-passing the built in ignition? I can't find anything online about it. MSD tech was no help. They told me just to change distributors.
I'm thinking its just a matter of routing the wires from the pickup to a 2-wire plug and digging up my 8860 harness that came with my 6AL.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm going to pick up a FiTech 600PA EFI for my current carb setup windsor. Currently, I run a MSD ready to run pro billet with a 6AL ignition box (at the time, RRR's were the same price as 2-wire versions).
Fitech's timing control option will not work with RRR. Rather than replace with new dist. ($400CA, I would rather use for something else), does anybody see a problem with converting my RRR to a 2-wire, by-passing the built in ignition? I can't find anything online about it. MSD tech was no help. They told me just to change distributors.
I'm thinking its just a matter of routing the wires from the pickup to a 2-wire plug and digging up my 8860 harness that came with my 6AL.

I don't have an answer to your question, but user name millhouse on corral.net haso a pretty extensive write up on the Fitech install and I remember he had a lot of issues with the distributor.

Joe