MsPnP2 8693 - what do I need?

Wolf_Fox

May 26, 2019
California
Im assuming this is the correct place for this question... :chin
The end of the year is coming up, which means bonuses :D am I right guys?!
So I’m looking to finally ditch the stock A9l and get some sweet, sweet data logging and tune ability. Finally get this thing running up to par.

So I’ve been scouring the forums and I’ve seen some rather great info on tuning these MegaSquirts and they seem to be the way to go for these cars. I’m a bit lost on everything I’ll need however. From what I can tell, I’ll need the MS itself, a wideband o2 and controller, (single drivers side not dual right?) a tuning software for the laptop, (tunerstudioms id assume) and a serial to usb cable... am I missing anything? I’d prefer to make a single order and knock it out as opposed to piece milling it and not driving for a month lol.
Thanks in advance guys!

• Sponsors (?)

Let's talk budget, how much can you spend and what kind of functionality do you want? Then I will give you a parts list.

That’d be awesome! For now I have about 400hp to manage, no boost in the future, however I do plan on stroking it at some point. I’m willing to put 2k in it. All I really want out of the MS is the data logging, easier troubleshooting, and being able to make adjustments to the tune without taking the car to a dyno. Since I do all my own work on my cars I like to see exactly what’s going on and adjust as needed. I can go over it’s current parts if that helps.

Well you have lots of options, a microsquirt will do everything you need. But something like a stinger pimpxs will be full sequential and have so many capabilities your head will spin. The ms3x (stingerpimpxs is an ms3 pnp for fox) can be easily upgraded to coil packs ect. The ms3 can do dual wb and such.
My opinion, do the pimpxs and dual spartan2 wb from 14point7.com your choice of software but I suggest tunerstudio ultra and megalogviewerhd.

If you need more info or help tuning I specialize in sbf stuff.