MSPNP2 for 95 GT

RaiyzorX

Apr 5, 2019
USA
Hey all. First post here. Just registered specifically for this.

I ordered the mspnp2 for my 95 gt yesterday. 900 dollars later its on its way from summit. I have some basic mods done so far but have a LOT of stuff to install very soon. My question is can i literally just plug it in and drive or do i need to fiddle with settings?

I do have a bad MAF and probably some pcv issues. Right now ive got the following on the car thank you in advance for the info and or help

Some kind of shift kit
Screamin Demon Coil
BBK Off-Road H Pipe
Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust
BBK Cold Air Intake
Aerospace Electric Water Pump
Jacobs 8.5 mm wires
Jacobs Fire Control 5.0 Ignition Box

• Sponsors (?)

Did you do any reading on the system or download the software to familiarize yourself with it? There are a lot of settings you will need to 'fiddle' with, you purchased a standalone ECU the idea is you tune the car yourself.
Don't let that stop you in your tracks though,its nothing you cant learn. Once you are familiar with the how and what it's fun and easy to do.
IMHO you probably should have asked around first though, I would have pushed you toward the stinger PIMP still plug and play but alot more capable for the money.

Welcome to Stangnet

Welcome to Stangnet!

You are in the right place for working through this process. @a91what is by far the best tuner/trainer out there, so he will for sure help you get moving I. The right direction if you want help/taught what things to fiddle with.

Welcome ! I also use mspnp2. There are a couple things to set up but no big deal. Jump over to the digital self tuning forum and post anything you need.

A91what is a huge help here.

The bad MAF isn't an issue....because now you don't need it. See....you saved 300 bucks right there. Lol.

I have done a bit of research. From what ive gathered i can use it with my automatic transmission i just wont have control of that part of the car without a seperate tranny controller. I havent had the best luck with figuring out exactly what ill need to fiddle with other than getting everything plugged in and wired properly once i have the afr gauge, which i guess should be priority before the megasquirt gets installed