Mufflers

FordGuy88

New Member
Nov 15, 2004
241
0
0
Park Ridge, IL
I am looking for the best flowing muffler, but at the same time not that loud. I dont care about it being loud when I get on it but when Im just driving. Mostly Im looking for performance here but at the same time dont want to be heard from 2 blocks away. I heard spintechs flow good but Im not sure on how loud they are. Im going to be running longtubes with an off road x-pipe. If any one could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
 
i'm running LT's an O/R xpipe, with a 2.5" dynomax super turbo catback. It's much too quiet for my liking at lower rpms, but does bark pretty good above 4000rpms.... seems kinda like what you may be looking for...
 
The dynomax ultraflo is the straight through muffler with alot of padding around it and from my experience, pretty quiet at idle and a little higher pitched at WOT. The super turbo design is very restrictive. I don't know anything about the Hooker Max flow though.
 
They surprised me. My dad had shorties, prochamber and a Mac catback on his car. He bought these and being able to see right through them I expected it to get somewhat louder. Tossed them on, cranked it over and it was MUCH quieter. It was to the point you couldn't hear the car when racing other cars. No good videos of it other than one track pass racing an NMRA car, and the camera is too far away to hear much.
 
I see that they have them listed in the muffler shootout. It's crazy how wide the db range is from idle/cruise to WOT. :eek: That's the best of both worlds imo. I will have to look into these when I decide to change mufflers on the DD ('92).