Multi-Function Switch Wiring diagram

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure if all the 87-93 are the same/ but here is what i have.

lights1.jpg

lights2.jpg

lights3.jpg

lights4.jpg

Yes the switchs are physically shaped differnt due to column changes for air bags etc, the wiring may be the same, but i am not certian.

ponyboy19 said:
I know the switches themselves are different between I believe 87-89 and 90-93.
Ponyboy is correct. The multifunction switch (high/low beam, wiper, turn signals) are different for different years. 87-98 will work in any 87-89 car. The 90-93 switches only work in 90-93 cars. You can't put an early model switch in a late model car, nor can you put a late model switch in an early car.

I have tried to interchange the switches and can say that while they are physically the same, the wiring for the switch is different. If memory serves me correctly, put a 90-93 switch in an 87-89 car and the wipers don't work.

@slopez2836,
Start a new thread with your issue as it really does not pertain to this one. Also, pictures do help along with the car information (year, model, and motor). Only saying this as you will get more help with a thread having the right title for the issue. Do no read into this as me being a dick, just trying to help you get a solution to your issue as you are a new member.

Apologies to the OP.

Reactions: 1 users