multiple topic thread Requesting help in a couple areas

mytight95

Apr 11, 2003
Dothan,Al
Well i have started to notice that the tokico illumina shocks on the rear are bottoming out, which creates a very hard hit when going over bad bumps etc, so i am curious what everyone is running. I would also like your opinions on what youhave now and have had in the past..... Background info is my car is around 2" lower all around and about 2 1/4 in the rear lower........ rear actually sits lower than the front with the springs..... I think i am gonna put the 87-93 style shocks on it this time since it is so low....what do you guys think about that.?

The other thing is i have some noise coming from the rear of the car, like in the rear end itself.... It only does it after a lot of driving where temps would be really high, and turning at the same time..... kinda like a mellow clunking or something. I think that it has something to do with the gears or the traction lock etc.. I noticed one thing when i had the car on jackstands the other day, i can turn the tires about an eigth of a rotation before it catches inside if youknow what i mean. What could this be...?

general info etc on these subjects would be great........ and oh yeah opinions are welcomed as well....

jason

• Sponsors (?)

18s are great ain't they... :D The ride gets alot firmer and the hits more solid, thats what I noticed...Its the rear onlt though...not probs in the front..
I had to lift my back some, I put Tokico springs in the back and that helped alot....Its still has a firm hit but not that BANG....I run Bilstiens in the back....
Hows the pinion snubber height ??? I have an adjustable one and I'm gonna re-set that when I do my LCAs here real soon, and see if that helps..

The rear could be the DS?? didn't you just do U-joints?? Axle bearing could be another? especially if your hearing it when turning....Jack it up to get the tire in the air and thats easily checked, side to side/up and down play will tell...
I have that backlash when you rotqate the tires to....know its there but never had issues with it... it can seem like alot of slop though....
You could pop the dif cover and take a look/see around...the dif comes out real easy and you could check the bearings on the dif....
Just some thoughts....

yeah on the 18's i am considering taking them off......lol

How much did the bilsteins run you, i was reading about them....I am pretty sure its not the driveshaft, cause they balnced it completely, i watched them do it....lol I will check out the bearings. Do you think that when i had all that vibration going through the drivetrain it could;ve messed up some of the bearings in the rear

jason

Hard telling without tearing into it??? unless its not that bad....the dif that is..
I got the Bil's outta Corral...had like 500 miles on em off a 03 Cobra...think I pd 125 for em or so???