Mustang advice?

Jason_wood

May 15, 2018
Oklahoma
I've been trying to be as patient as I can be but today is the 18th day my 98 gt has been at the shop for a 07 pi engine swap. I've tried calling no answer or I get some crappy excuse. He told me he would give me a discount last time I've spoken to him but man I have a family an job to go to. What issues could he possibly run into for 18 days ?

• Sponsors (?)

My best guess would be wiring harness differences,cop vs coil pack changes,sensor locations etc. Is the shop that has the car known for this type of work? Maybe they bit off more than they can chew in this instance?

My guy my father was saying the exact same to me. I was in disbelief passed upon what the mechanic was telling me since they were both 4.6l.i did research on the swap most people said they used there same wiring harnesses?
My best guess would be wiring harness differences,cop vs coil pack changes,sensor locations etc. Is the shop that has the car known for this type of work? Maybe they bit off more than they can chew in this instance?
M

What type of shop is it that's doing the work? A performance shop with a smaller client base, or a general shop that does all kinds of work for many vehicles?

Regardless, one thing to keep in mind is that you're not their only customer and as previously stated, doing an engine swap of that caliber is probably unfamiliar territory. No engine swap goes 100% smoothly...there will likely be some glitches to overcome, and even more so when putting an engine into a car that wasn't originally engineered for it.

What type of shop is it that's doing the work? A performance shop with a smaller client base, or a general shop that does all kinds of work for many vehicles?

Regardless, one thing to keep in mind is that you're not their only customer and as previously stated, doing an engine swap of that caliber is probably unfamiliar territory. No engine swap goes 100% smoothly...there will likely be some glitches to overcome, and even more so when putting an engine into a car that wasn't originally engineered for it.
It's an engine an transmission shop the owner recommended me to do a pi swap out of a 07 crown Vic he had with 30k miles from what he told me he specializes engine swaps I originally just wanted to buy the motor but he said if I let him do the engine swap he would give me a warranty. Which I believe was a amazing deal. Just hope it's worth the wait

An small client base

Car randomly running ruff sputtering under load getting horrible gas mileage all I smell is gas when running the car. Check engine is only reading one code coolant temp sensor alternator seems to be over charging as well would these be the reason my car is running horrible?

+1 on above. EXPECT the motor to run poorly if the PCM does not have a reasonable temperature reading.

The 1996-1998 model year has two coolant sensors. One for the PCM and the other for the dash.

The 1999+ has a single ECT sensor just for the PCM. This is one of the "issues" to handle when a PI motor is re-fitted for an older car. So how did the shop handle the 2nd coolant sensor?