Mustang Memes... Does This Bother Anyone Else?

Boosted92LX

It's only an inch or two. What's the big deal?
15 Year Member
Dec 19, 2010
I'm 45. I've watched the Ford-Chevy competitiveness for at least 30 of those 45, but never have I seen anything quite like this phenomenon sweeping the interwebz as the Mustangs hitting crowds. It bugs me on so many levels, Me- being a pretty good driver, getting lumped into a category with douchebags who were born after I started driving.... By douchebags who were born after I started driving. I've always had pride in my wheelmanship, and to have this stigma hanging over my favorite car is just a bit much.

To make it worse, it's not just the Chevy guys doing it now, it's people who aren't even car guys. Bloggers talking about it, mocking anyone who owns our beloved pony cars. Does this irritate anyone else? Thoughts? Opinions?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

It has turned into quite the phenomenon. I found it irritating, at first. Kinda like someone talking smack, about my girlfriend.

Then on the other hand, when a car pulls next to me, thinking they've got an easy race, because of the stupid, bad mustang driver phenomenon. Then they get beat by one of those slow, no traction having mustangs. It makes the victory that much sweeter. I love giving them the cocky, victory smirk

I dont let it bother me, because if you look you can find just as many camaro fails. My personal favorite is the ZL1 in the swimming pool. Most of the wrecked Mustangs are S197's, and you are a fox guy, so it doesnt apply to you much, bud. Dont stress, just enjoy your car! Haters gon hate.

I don't care if my car is a pink miata with purple zebra stripes and rainbow seat cushions. I'm going to enjoy it because it's my car.

Reactions: 2 users
I dont let it bother me, because if you look you can find just as many camaro fails. My personal favorite is the ZL1 in the swimming pool. Most of the wrecked Mustangs are S197's, and you are a fox guy, so it doesnt apply to you much, bud. Dont stress, just enjoy your car! Haters gon hate.
You're right, it's those S197 pigs that are being beat upon. Who cares? Know what I'm sayin'?

You're right, it's those S197 pigs that are being beat upon. Who cares? Know what I'm sayin'?

Honestly, I dont know if the panhard setup in the rear of the S197's helps them get squirrely when doing burnouts or what, but mine also does a side step on the first to second shift. I am hoping the watts link helps that. And @Boosted92LX, I came across this the other day. Uploaded it to photobucket just for you, although someone needs to add the ZL1 in the pool into it!

FB_IMG_1461192594994_zpsajcfl3w1.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Well, the memes don't bother me. I'm putting a "does not stop for pedestrians" sign on the back window....with a hitch hiker thumbs up.

Reactions: 2 users
does't bother me.
affordable high powered cars getting driven by no skills ego nuts who wreck have been taking place since the invention of the internal combustion engine... go type in corvette fails if you want to have some real fun on you tube.

I don't care if my car is a pink miata with purple zebra stripes and rainbow seat cushions. I'm going to enjoy it because it's my car.

Oh don't get me wrong, it doesn't stop me from enjoying my car. It doesn't make me uneasy driving my car.. Just makes me shake my head and wonder why it's going on. I've got people who don't care about cars who know I'm a Mustang guy texting me these stupid memes.

Younger generation I guess..

Yessir.. I did some searching out of sheer curiosity and did find one video of a camaro hitting actual people, but that was it. One.

In the case of those memes and people who actually believe that it's mainly the Mustang crowd, the only thing I can think of is ignorance breeds ignorance. Like cleanlx said, that kind of moronic behavior has gone on for ages regardless of the make or model. People with more money than sense are the culprits and it just so happens that the Mustang is the most popular "muscle car"