MUSTANG PYPES 3" STAINLESS TAILPIPE KIT

Blueinfan

Mar 18, 2021
Temecula
Hi All,

Is any one running a set of 1986-93 MUSTANG PYPES 3" STAINLESS TAILPIPE KIT? I really like the way these thing shine underneath but the issue is that my convert fox engine is all stock.

I was told that the 3" tailpipe kit is not meant for a stock 5.0.

My plan is to pair it up with Super 44 Mufflers -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QONwMIxHM58

What do you guys think?

thx

Attachments

• Pypes.JPG
    Pypes.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Sponsors (?)

They are really nice pipes but honestly waaay over kill for even a mild built car plus they are a good bit of weight. If the car is stock and staying stock I would just have a set of aftermarket mufflers of choice installed on it leaving the factory angle cut lx tailpipes and rock it

Any suggestions on what exhaust to get?

They are really nice pipes but honestly waaay over kill for even a mild built car plus they are a good bit of weight. If the car is stock and staying stock I would just have a set of aftermarket mufflers of choice installed on it leaving the factory angle cut lx tailpipes and rock it
So just leaving the current stock exhaust on there? I was hoping for a little more aggressive than stock. Any recommendations?

No, I said swap out the mufflers for something that will give you the sound you want because your not going to gain much if any power from just swapping the catback out on an otherwise completely stock car.

Mufflers/catback setups are more so a personal preference so hit up youtube and listen to various brands and which ever one gives you wood go with :)

Reactions: 1 user
No, I said swap out the mufflers for something that will give you the sound you want because your not going to gain much if any power from just swapping the catback out on an otherwise completely stock car.

Mufflers/catback setups are more so a personal preference so hit up youtube and listen to various brands and which ever one gives you wood go with :)
Will do! thx

Reactions: 1 users
I run them, for tire clearance and for looks. I didn’t even consider performance but I do have a built motor. They look great but honestly it’s really tight with stock upper control arms.. I haven’t got them to not rattle and I’ve adjusted them numerous times. If I were to do it again I would just run 275’s and 2.5 inch tailpipes I think.

It's not that i mind the stock lx exhaust, because i'm fine with it.
But rarely have i ever seen aftermarket mufflers installed into a stock catback that don't appear to be butchered in.
Besides, if you buy a quality catback it gets bolted in (which you can do yourself), as opposed to welded. That may not seem like a big deal, but down the road if you get a H or X pipe, new control arm etc. it comes in handy for adjustment.
If this is a clean unmolested car, buy a bassani stainless catback. It's going to cost you, but it's worth it.

3 inch pipes make zero sense, all they do is cause clearance issues. I've seen guys make 750rwhp with 2.5 exhausts, so i'm not sure what the average guy would do with them.

Reactions: 1 users
It's not that i mind the stock lx exhaust, because i'm fine with it.
But rarely have i ever seen aftermarket mufflers installed into a stock catback that don't appear to be butchered in.
Besides, if you buy a quality catback it gets bolted in (which you can do yourself), as opposed to welded. That may not seem like a big deal, but down the road if you get a H or X pipe, new control arm etc. it comes in handy for adjustment.
If this is a clean unmolested car, buy a bassani stainless catback. It's going to cost you, but it's worth it.

3 inch pipes make zero sense, all they do is cause clearance issues. I've seen guys make 750rwhp with 2.5 exhausts, so i'm not sure what the average guy would do with them.
The car has new front/rear upper and lower control arms w/ Eibach Pro lowing kit and springs. After viewing forums, I guess I will stick with the 2.5 inch cat back. Now I have to select the right exhaust kit for the 1991 convertible. The car does have an H pipe

I run them, for tire clearance and for looks. I didn’t even consider performance but I do have a built motor. They look great but honestly it’s really tight with stock upper control arms.. I haven’t got them to not rattle and I’ve adjusted them numerous times. If I were to do it again I would just run 275’s and 2.5 inch tailpipes I think.
will be going with the 2.5

thank you!