mustang running rough after car wash

hey everybody, so i have a 2002 mustang v6 and i took it to the car wash yesterday, standard 20$ machine you just neutral on through and as i was on my way home after i found my engine rumbling almost and not moving proper with the rpms i was giving it. the engine light also came on, any tips??

• Sponsors (?)

Well. water could have gotten into the air filter? Maybe not enough to cause a stall? Just throwing out something.
Certainly possible, though when I've had that happen it stalled once and was fine, and also didn't throw codes. Without knowing the codes though, it could be anything. Hell, the wiring on my truck just randomly shorted out and caused a 3 cylinder misfire. It had been sitting in my driveway the whole time. :fuss:

i checked all the components no water in any of them but im waiting on a buddy to bring the code reader over because i dont own one /:

Could take it to most parts stores and get the codes read. But, it would be worth the $10 to get a Bluetooth reader off Amazon too. I have one in both my cars; super nice to be able to whip out a phone and check codes at any time.