Mustang Shop

Eos

Oh Heather Oh yeah... I want your pink taco
Jun 13, 2003
oklahoma
I went to this mustang shop today. They're sign said "mustang 1" and I went in and was like do you have ANYTHING for a mustang II here. The lady was like no and this guy in the background goes "no one sales anything for those" Then they suggested I check ebay. I was like hold on a minute, Mustangs Unlimited carries II stuff and I have found some other places online. Then the guy goes to tell me that the mustang II's didnt "sale well" in the 70's :rolleyes: Saying that their were only 100,000 sold in 74. I thought that was pretty darn funny knowing that 3 of the mustang II years are on the top 10 list of best selling mustangs of all time. So after I argued with that guy for a minute he went off and this older guy I guess he was the owner came in. He was pretty nice, he said he used to have a 77. I asked why they couldnt just stock some II parts and he said there wasnt a big enough demand. I have the opinion though if I could convince more places to sale the II parts more people might be apt to restore II's knowing that they could get the parts. I think alot of people are turned off by the idea of knowing that they cant get parts so they dont restore them. If just someone would sale the parts then I'm sure I could get them buisness. All's you'd have to do is post it online and ship orders to people. :shrug:

"By the way I got a nice mustang keychain from that shop" =)

• Sponsors (?)

I get the same old story. It's hard to find parts for these cars. That's what makes them so much more special than average mustangs. But it would be great to have more reputed dealers available on-line. It would cut down on dependance with making desparate deals with Joe Blow who may or may not rip you off.

BTW The reason I'm mentioning ripoff's is because I think I was ripped off for something I paid for not to long ago but I have to wait anouther week or so to be sure before I post warnings about this guy (he's from Pueblo, Colorado - that's all I got to say right now). I don't want to have to eat my words if I'm wrong but, man, it's like putting a cork in a steam engine... :mad:

Thats one of the reasons why I love my 76 Ghia. I live in Las Vegas and I have only seen one or two cobras running around. They're rare here. I go into a parts store or even a pic-a-part yard looking for parts and they look at me like I just grew a second head. lol. I :rolleyes:

westernlady1123 said:
Thats one of the reasons why I love my 76 Ghia. I live in Las Vegas and I have only seen one or two cobras running around. They're rare here. I go into a parts store or even a pic-a-part yard looking for parts and they look at me like I just grew a second head. lol. I :rolleyes:

I suggest you drop the blue text color. Blue lettering really doesn't work well anywhere, in Darkmoon it's about unreadable, definately not worth the trouble.

It's not a big deal, more of an annoyance.

The people who make me wonder are the ones who author a web page and put blue on black, or any color combiination where the text isn't easily discrened from the background. They must have their monitor set to an eye ball burning brightness.