Mustang tuning x-pipe?

• Sponsors (?)

I've heard several stories of the cats going bad in that particular brand. And it's all one piece so you would have to replace the entire assembly if that happens. You get what you pay for. I would personally spend the extra $100 and get the SLP catted X they have at mustangtuning - the higher quality might be worth it in the long run. My SLP pipe passes emissions just fine - then after inspection I just switch the cats out and put the straight pipes back in - which is also a very nice feature.

What state are u passing emissions in? do you have any trouble with rust or anything? are your pipes raspy or anything? I have a mac cat back. With my old x pipe (non catted) It was pretty raspy and i wasn't sure if it was because of an xpipe and a chambered muffler. or just the kind of x- pipe i had (yo dude xpipe).

Steve777 said:
I've heard several stories of the cats going bad in that particular brand. And it's all one piece so you would have to replace the entire assembly if that happens. You get what you pay for. I would personally spend the extra $100 and get the SLP catted X they have at mustangtuning - the higher quality might be worth it in the long run. My SLP pipe passes emissions just fine - then after inspection I just switch the cats out and put the straight pipes back in - which is also a very nice feature.

JohnyD05 said:
What state are u passing emissions in? do you have any trouble with rust or anything? are your pipes raspy or anything? I have a mac cat back. With my old x pipe (non catted) It was pretty raspy and i wasn't sure if it was because of an xpipe and a chambered muffler. or just the kind of x- pipe i had (yo dude xpipe).

PA ...they have the visual and the sniffer test ...passes no problem. I've had the SLP X for a year now and hasn't really rusted yet besides some on the flanges ...With the cats in, there is no rasp. With them out, it sounds kinda raspy on the inside, but from the outside of the car it sounds really good ...get compliments all the time on the sound. But like I said, if you get the catted X-pipe, it should sound really smooth and clean compared to the O/R.