My 2002 Mustang Got Hit Hard on the Front Bumper & Now the Hood Does NOT Open

RED2001GT

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
Some a$$hole hit the front of my car really hard in a parking lot and scraped up my front bumper pretty badly at the spot where the front license plate is located and next to the license plate near the right hand side of the bumper next to the license plate. To make matters worse, I don't know who hit my car.

The front bumper does not look crooked or anything like that, but the front of it has some pretty deep scrapes on it in the area which I described above. It looks like whoever hit my car hit it head on with a lot of force and pushed in the front bumper even though the bumper does not look like it's pushed in and does not look like it is crooked or tilted in any way. There is no other visible body damage to the hood or to anything else which is attached to the front bumper.

Ever since this happened, I cannot get the hood to open. When I try to pull back on the hood latch cable which is located on the inside of the driver's kick panel to open the hood, the hood latch feels frozen. It feels like it's locked tight and will not budge at all to open the hood. I cannot get my hood open.

Does anyone in here know what's causing the hood to not open? Why is the hood latch cable frozen?
Is my hood misaligned from the dickhead who rammed into my car? Why can't I get it to open?

What's the best fix to the damage that's already been done to the front bumper? It seems that the force of the impact has left some really deep scrapes and scratches on the front of the bumper in a 1' foot area next to the front license plate. Do you think that I will need to get a brand new bumper?

• Sponsors (?)