My 2009 Bullitt Test Drive

• Sponsors (?)

I luved my cobra. 515 HP with not a lot done. Pulley's chip, exhaust, ect.
The problem down here in S. FLA is that they are huge target of thefts. People like to steal em, and put the engines in a 92 fox body.

Mines was stolen this way, with a tow truck right out of my yard while I was down with a ripped up knee :( I still know some guys who had theirs stolen as well recently.

So I bought my s197. I truly enjoy the new mustangs, and yeah, it may not be as stout as the cobra's. but heh a little cash in the system and you can get there.

You can only go as fast as your pockets are deep, and really, even my cobra sitting at 500+ hp, I can name the cars that could touch me. Do you really need 500+ horses all the time ??

I am looking at a turbo now..450+ would make me reeeaaal happy.

You can only go as fast as your pockets are deep, and really, even my cobra sitting at 500+ hp, I can name the cars that could touch me. Do you really need 500+ horses all the time ??

I am looking at a turbo now..450+ would make me reeeaaal happy.

The problem with saying do you need this or that, is that there is no need, neither is there any need for you or me to own a car like this, but you know what, it's because we want to, and its what we want. I want 10 billion horsepower in my daily driver, why? no reason at all, just because i want it. :rolleyes: Theres no point to any of this , however its a luxury. I'll continue to improve my car till I can't afford it, nay not have anything left to do to it

I wanted a bullit at first but they had no incentives. Pretty much what you see on the sticker is what you get. For my CS i got 5k off sticker plus military discounts.

at my local dealer the cs and the bullit both msrp'd for 31,500.

There is no doubt that the s197 is a nice, tight platform........ much quieter and well behaved, so smooth it almost does not seem like a mustang anymore

I just happen to like raw, so I suppose I am in the right car :nice:

The S197 is more comfortable and quieter than the G6, Impala, Crown Vic, and many other cars.

What would make the S197 even better:

-factory optioned sunroof
-telescoping steering wheel
-pedal adjustments (with larger accelerator for better heel-toe shifting for people with large feet)
-factory footwell lighting
-projector Xenon HID headlamps
-LED tail lamps
-magnetic adjustable shock dampeners
-automatic front lighting system
-direct fuel injection
-variable valve timing (along with variable cam timing)
-velocity stack intake manifold

To those that have driven Mach 1's what S197 Mustang has equal or greater performance? I'd like to know what I should look into. I really like the new style, I just need to know where to start looking.

I owned both a 2003 MACH 1 and a 2007 GT/CS. They both were great cars but I liked the 2007 styling and interior better. I'm 6'2" 190 lbs and the MACH 1 was a bit cramped and I had to lay the seat back further than normal just to see under the rear view mirror that kept blocking my view when I took a right turn. Also the seats were good but I found the 2007 much more comfortable and the whole interior roomy and better quality. I would say the difference in performance wasn't noticable to me. That being said, they both are fine cars and I would say it really comes down to which style you like better. I would have kept the 07 but I got a great deal on a 07 Corvette. One ride in that and there was no question about it; 400 HP, 3200 pounds, great handling, 6 speed manual trans (not to mention targa top) and one stab on the throttle :D and I was hooked. I still have my 66 Mustang though and I always turn my head when I see a new GT. If I couldn't afford the Vette I would still be driving the GT/CS!