Fox My 89 Lx Build For Grandpa

The89LX

Feb 8, 2017
Alright so I have a 89 LX that I am building for my grandpa. We found out that he has stage 3 cancer and I want to dedicate this car to him. I want to create this thread for help and support how long is build as it is the first time I have ever tried to build a vehicle

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to stangnet.

Post some pictures of how the car sits right now. Then tell us what your plans are for it.

We'll help you along as you go.

Should be an interesting project, good luck with it.

received_1218297374877927.jpeg
received_1190088767698788.jpeg
20160523_173100.jpg

Attachments

• 20160523_173053.jpg
    20160523_173053.jpg
    948.5 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: 1 user
that is very noble of you. Thougths and prayers to you and your familyu and welcome. You'll find many people here who are eager to help and have done anything to these cars you can think of..

Keep posting and asking questions. We are here to help...

Reactions: 1 users
Ok so I have been putting a lot of thought into what exactly I wanted to do to this car. I think I have come to decision on the motor set up. I believe what I have chosen to go with will make a fun and Powerful weekend warrior. With that being said I have decided to do a 4.6 three valve motor out of a 05 through 08 Mustang GT. My reason for choosing this motor is I wanted to do a coyote swap but money will become an issue for that motor setup. Whereas the three valve motor can be picked up for relatively cheap I'm also going to keep the car and manual.

My parts list will include but not limited to the following.
Tubular K member with tubular arms
Motor and transmission out of an s197
Body and Chassis reinforcements
5 lug swap
8.8 rear end swap from 7.5
4.10 or 3.73 gears
Brake upgrade
Most likely a custom drive shaft
Many new restoration parts for the interior and exterior

For the appearance of the car I had decided to go with my grandpa's favorite color a dark forest green with a color I found online for the rims colored known as sunken treasure. I am going to keep the body looking mostly stock besides adding 03 to 04 cobra style rims

If anybody has input on the design that I have laid forth please let me know as I am trying to build a car that my Grandpa would be proud of. Thank you

I applaud you for your efforts.
Mod motor and rear end change etc, my best recommendation would be to see if you can find a wrecked SN parts car. That way you have everything you need for the suspension swap/rear ended/brakes/trans/wiring and everything else,cept the 05 mod motor lol and if it helps @madmike1157 put a mod motor in a stock fox k member

Just keep in mind....if you go sn95 rear the 03 04 cobra wheels will stick too far out in the rear.

I've got the even wider IRS in my car and use 09 and up 18in wheels.

The s197 wheels would fit great with an sn95 rear in a fox.

The front suspension can use sn95 length control arms, caster camber plates, and one camber bolt ( in each strut ). That would allow you to match the track width front and rear and use the same offset front and rear ( s197 wheels )

The front fenders and bumper splat from a 91 and up fox would give the added room needed to swing bigger tires up front. The sn95 control arms move the wheel a little forward.

My car is an 88 and I haven't changed the fenders or arms. Just used a 1/2 inch spacer and morrosso 3 1/2 inch studs up front on 94 spindles. I only run a 245/40r18 tire up front.

That s197 has an electronic transmission....how do you plan on tackling that ?

Edit: not that the motor isn't.... Just wondering if you're planning to sway the whole harness and gauge cluster ?