My beautiful new car!

• Sponsors (?)

I didn't use any microfiber towels for the waxing. The microfibersI have I use only for windows. I used the microfiber applicators I bought and then just a regular rags to buff it off. What is a quick detailer?

I didn't use any microfiber towels for the waxing. The microfibersI have I use only for windows. I used the microfiber applicators I bought and then just a regular rags to buff it off. What is a quick detailer?

Quick detailer is most likely libricant for clay'ing. It is great stuff. I won't plug the stuff I use though. Just remember though that waxing is not going to take swirls and whatnot out, thats what machine polishing is for :nice:

I use turtle wax and clean soft towels to polish it off. No pics, but it looks pretty damn good when I'm done. I'd prefer the wax to other liquid finishers because at least the wax puts a hard barier between the paint and the elements. But some of the liquid "glazes" do give a shiny, wet look. I just doubt their ability to protect the paint from grit, tiny rocks, and bird crap.

I would pay a shop to take the swirls out instead of risking burning your paint or taking too much off doing it yourself. If you want to do it yourself, I'd suggest just a clay bar.