My cars done....I had to tell someone....

RIO5.0

15 Year Member
Feb 16, 2001
N.H.
Well the freakin thing is finally ready to go....DAMN...lotta work but well worth it...I hate to even drive it, its so clean....Need some 3M tape to put the Saleen covers on and she's done....It looks damn sweet...400 hrs of blocksanding paid off... :bang:
Call the insurance company to get some coverage, stop by and register it...Im good...

Only thing we didn't finish is the S281 spoiler..that still needs painting...it came to late...

Got the Cobra fogs all hooked up tonite.....I was going to run hood pins but damn, this HO Fibertrends hood locks so damn solid its sweet....i cant see anyway the freakin thing can come undone...its the Ford hood and if memory serves me right, the 95 Rs had no hoodpins???

Paul...I got some of that stuff you mentioned for the lights.... :nice: It works...polished the tails too..that bottle recommends to use their metal/chrome for "added brilliance" thats what I buffed em with...4.99...Damn deal...

Didnt snap no pics yet...(a miracle for me.. :D ) Im waiting for the sun.. :D

I'm amped.... :banana: :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

congrats on finishing!...cant wait to see the pics....maybe someday since im not THAT far from you ill get to see it in person...something about your car has always done it for me....and now with the new paint and those sick new wheels...its gonna look KILLER i know it....

Anthony

Thanks gents...all these recent new paint pics made me bust on it hard this weekend....buffed, polished, and entirely re-asembled, and i stripped this mother to....there was nothing to mask, every pc/part.rubber, you name it was removed...Its nice to see no paint lines on mating parts...

The body colored mirrors are fine....adds a nice look to it for sure...

wytstang..I'll have to got look...it wasn't a big brand name...this was 4.99 and the name brand stuff was 12.00.... :bang: For chits and grins I poilshed em with the same stuff we were doing the car with...they actually looked good...but up close you could see fine scratches....this stuff took that right away...they looked damn new actually....for the money spent its pretty cool...

RIO5.0 said:
Thanks gents...all these recent new paint pics made me bust on it hard this weekend....buffed, polished, and entirely re-asembled, and i stripped this mother to....there was nothing to mask, every pc/part.rubber, you name it was removed...Its nice to see no paint lines on mating parts...

The body colored mirrors are fine....adds a nice look to it for sure...

wytstang..I'll have to got look...it wasn't a big brand name...this was 4.99 and the name brand stuff was 12.00.... :bang: For chits and grins I poilshed em with the same stuff we were doing the car with...they actually looked good...but up close you could see fine scratches....this stuff took that right away...they looked damn new actually....for the money spent its pretty cool...

Have you looked yet to see what the brand name is(I want to know too).
Ive tried a couple things to make the headlights look new, but it always looks normal(foggy) the next day... :shrug:

Edit: Congrats on finishing. :nice:

I can't wait to see the pics of the finished project. I have a friend right now undertaking a similar project... I don't think I'd have it in me to do what you two have done.

I'm glad to hear you had similar results with the plastic polish. I see you already did your tail lights, but for those that didn't... BE CAREFUL. I wasn't and ended up messing the paint up on mine, granted it was krylon fusion black paint that I had sprayed my extra set of tails with, but it got "polished off". Here's the link to the thread about my headlights and what I did to polsih them...
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=441052
And here's the pic of the stuff that I and Andy used...

attachment.php

Sweet deal Andy. It's good to see that everything is all wrapped up. All the hard work will definitely be worth it when you get her out on the road and she starts turning heads. The sight of people rubbernecking at your car is one of the best feelings.

Now, you've got to get her to the track and bust down that 12-second Thumper deal. I know it's in it, we just need you to prove it. :D

Joe

Travis...Yes, I plan on going to FFW and I'm going to a all Ford show at Rodman Ford in Mass on the 18th this month with a bud who shows his 96 Vert.

Joe...Ya I still wanna have at the 12s for sure....got the new Fox 93 Cobra so I'm hoping that'll help the top end charge some, and some 373s too...plus so other little goodies... :D After reading this months 5.0 Im gonna try the 1.7s on my exhaust side..
I took a ride tonite with the new set-up...took off and climbed into it some and it started rattling/pinging something fierce..WTF??? went home and threw the timing lite on it...it was at 40 !!!! I just dropped my MSD dizzy in couple weeks ago, it started up so i left it there....dialed it back to 14 and she's all goodness now...actually seems to pull harder with this set-up...I'll tune it a tad and re-dyno it when it seems dialed in...i really need to go back over the Fox set-up and doublecheck stuff, vac leaks or such...i somehow i gained a whistle from the Explorer to the 93 Cobra swap???? sounds like i got a mini blower under there.. :D not sure what thats all about??? I opened up the TPS sensor and I can only get a best of like .94...full throttle is cool at 4.96 WO..i need to dial that in some to...I bought a TB off a 93 cobra that was mildly polished inside...i'm thinking maybe my whistle is in there somehow??? My idle is hanging with the IAC connected bigtime, so i just disconnected that...it takes a few minutes to warm up til the idle will catch..then its all good from there...
I just got done cleaning it up some....will try and snap some pics tommorrow...

Here you go...tryed to get some while the sun was still out...

new_paint_04.jpg

drivers_side_04.jpg

04_rear.jpg

cobra_hood_04.jpg

hood_underside_painted_04.jpg

The pics really dont do it justice...I have a cheesy camera...and yes, the spoiler needs to be on there...it does shine like a mofo in the sun though...i meant to get some pics at work in the lot, from a distance it looks sweet...I not really sure on my wheel choice though..I do and dont like em...Maybe I'll paint the center a lighter shade of Silver??? Maybe the Mustang GT in the back in Silver this time....Sure is nice to drive it again though...she's running sweet and its nice to listen to my exhaust again...Definatly turns heads... :D