Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

Yeah they said about 60/hr and each fender would be about an hour. So $240-250, but do you think that’s crazy? At least I know it would be done right. I have a heat gun from harbor but it’s nothing fancy just a 15 dollar Chicago or whatever brand it was. Guess I’m afraid to mess it up and then crack up the paint.

Watch a youtube video and see for yourself if it's worth it.

• Sponsors (?)

If the shop is familiar with the process and has done it before then I'd just pay them to do it if not you'll most likely need a person to heat while you slowly roll

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
If the shop is familiar with the process and has done it before then I'd just pay them to do it if not you'll most likely need a person to heat while you slowly roll
Yeah I watched a few vids think I’ll pass this one off. Seems tideous and this shop is legit seen some nice and fancy rides there. They are also the ones I’m debating on taking my car for motor work vs doing it myself. One of the guys there has a nice built up notch that works on all the mustangs.

Reactions: 1 user
Well while I’m waiting for the new front parking cable and the parking brake repair bracket that @Mustang5L5 mentioned to come in, I decided to install my mini torque starter and get my alternator upgrade going. So I didn’t upgrade my starter cable bc it still looked good even though it’s still the stock one, should I? Anyways put a new solenoid in and rerouted the cables on it like the LMR vids explain. On the solenoid what are the wires connected to it for, the ones with green arrows
FB691943-2081-4B2B-984F-CDE1E85BDE18.jpeg
8C7124FE-3AFD-42FD-93E8-0B22F46B93B4.jpeg
2D0A3990-A7A0-4818-B513-BF548B01DA8A.jpeg
A242AB74-37A0-4EF1-803E-0148343FF1CE.jpeg
? Just for my own info, also on the coil there is the plug marked in blue, are those replaceable? Now I need to mount the 4g power cable that came with the alternator and get it all tucked etc. Anything else you all recommend for this change?

Umm going off memory the Square thing on solenoid is the breaker for your door locks/windows I believe, blue wire is eec relay, yellow wire fuel pump relay, and not sure of the yellow white or whatever color that is in the coil harness.

Umm going off memory the Square thing on solenoid is the breaker for your door locks/windows I believe, blue wire is eec relay, yellow wire fuel pump relay, and not sure of the yellow white or whatever color that is in the coil harness.
Ha thanks man, so basically all that stuff has to go on there. Yeah that plug for the coil has seen its time just wondering if I can replace it maybe I’ll check lmr or npd. I don’t know how the solenoid works but not sure why on the mini starter lmr has you put everything on to one side and just that small cable which runs from the solenoid to the other solenoid on the starter.

Ok gave the chat thing a go but idk why my messages didn’t have a send button. Anyway so I’m trying to bleed my brakes, using a mitivac pump, started with the passenger rear and I’ve been pumping and opening for at least 15 minutes and nothing is happening. Seal is good, I’ll pump up to 15-20 and it will hold and sometimes have a little drop but nothing crazy leak wise. I bench bled the Mc, I got a little fluid to pull through the system but other wise that’s it. What am I doing wrong.

Brakes always must be bled with it fully open. Where it's set after is the part you need to figure out for your car. You'll need to do some testing but three turns in is a good starting point. You want to error on the side of less pressure than more for obvious reasons.

Brakes always must be bled with it fully open. Where it's set after is the part you need to figure out for your car. You'll need to do some testing but three turns in is a good starting point. You want to error on the side of less pressure than more for obvious reasons.
Ahh man appreciate it. I’m gonna open it fully and give it a go and see if that gets it going. Learning daily, thanks to all you guys for the support and knowledge for this rookie trying to do new things, other wise I would’ve never tried this. Hope this works, letcha know shortly.

Ok so gave it a go, opened the prop valve fully, Mc filled and cap open, vac on and sealed as best I could even used zip ties and some grease. Gave it a try about 7 times of pumping and bleeding but nothing. The Mc hasn’t dropped in fluid amount from reservoir. None of the other bleeder valves are open, don’t see any leaking anywhere as far as fluid. Keep waiting for gold on fluid return annnnnnnnnnd nothin.

View: https://youtu.be/JgWXsUsrPuI

That's an interesting way of bleeding. I just put a hose into the bottle, crack the bleeder and pump the pedal a few times. Get out. Close bleeder
So you just pump 3-4 time with it open? Then go close the valve then what? Idk how to do this so I’m just trying whatever. On the vids they pump but then hold the brake, open, let it flush, close valve, and repeat.