My Dyno Numbers

michaelgt

Jun 25, 2015
Hi everyone I just dyno my mustang does this look right it's a 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 5speed manual transmission it has Pro-m 80mm mass air meter Anderson Shorty Power Pipe 65 throttle body Holley systemax intake manifold upper and lower 1.7 rocker arms 24 injectors BBK shorty headers Dynomax super turbo mufflers with pipes 190 fuel pump timing is set at 12. 355 rear end gears aluminum driveshaft the car still has AC stock 4 cats mishimoto radiator 3 core 180 thermostat NGK spark plugs iridium 229HP 272TQ stock heads. Stock Cam

Attachments

• 20170308_095315.jpg
    20170308_095315.jpg
    725.8 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Yeah those numbers look about right for what you have going there. You have plenty of intake ect., but the stock heads are a bottleneck and the 4 catts are very restrictive. You could possibly pick up 8-10 more if you bump the timing on up to 14 degrees.
If you get yourself a nice set of heads and maybe a cam while you're there it'll be well worth it.

good luck

I don't know about 50 state legal but I have the same intake as you. Under that I have a set of Edelbrock Performer RPM heads and Trick Flow stage 1 cam. That combo made 300rwhp and 330rwtq. Now I have a supercharger on the mix so it makes a little over 500.

Those numbers are what I would expect for your mods. Trick flow 170cc and AFR 165cc heads are both legal options. Finding a cam is a little more complicated.

Thank you for all the replies my goal is to have 500 but California legal I would like to have cylinder heads flow as much as possible but be California legal and a cam if I could get one I would be super charging this car of course it has to be California legal

I'm looking to get the AFR heads 165 do I have to do anything to the Pistons my car has the stock Pistons and will a e303 cam work I think that cam is California legal??

Your factory pistons and 165 heads will work fine together. The e cam will work, but I am unsure about the emissions side of it. A custom cam is more exspensive, but will meet all your goals more easily.

I would suggest larger injectors, larger fuel pump and a dyno tune when it all goes together.

Joe

Reactions: 1 users
Your factory pistons and 165 heads will work fine together. The e cam will work, but I am unsure about the emissions side of it. A custom cam is more exspensive, but will meet all your goals more easily.

I would suggest larger injectors, larger fuel pump and a dyno tune when it all goes together.

Joe
Thanks for the info the e cam has CARB EO Number: D-225-16 if I use this cam can I use the 1.7 rocker arms or will I have to get 1.6 rocker arms and what injectors and fuel pump??