My latest Creation

• Sponsors (?)

IMO I think it's hideous. But, I also saw the Auto cross pics, so I say, if it's truly functional, go for it. Otherwise.....:puke:
2258763_11_full.jpg

How's your suspension looking? That's another spot where you may want to place some attention. I just picked up the newest copy of Modified Mustang and they have a tech article where they are installing a torque arm and panhard bar. It's supposed to control the pitch and roll so you can take the corners faster without the rear end trying to flip out on you. Combine that with the spoiler and you'll be creaming the other cats with ease. Post videos and lap times.

I would think that would cause more drag... wouldnt a flat one like rick sells be a little better?... that would seem like an air brake to me :shrug:

There aren't many on this forum who understand road racing, so you'll get a lot of head scratcher replies. Personally it does look a tad bit taller than necessary, but still should do the job nicely. I would have gone with something adjustable though.

don herberto said:
How's your suspension looking? That's another spot where you may want to place some attention. I just picked up the newest copy of Modified Mustang and they have a tech article where they are installing a torque arm and panhard bar. It's supposed to control the pitch and roll so you can take the corners faster without the rear end trying to flip out on you. Combine that with the spoiler and you'll be creaming the other cats with ease. Post videos and lap times.

That's all new, I used the bullet stuff from F/R and New bushings everywhere.

Most of the racers in the AI and AIX groups have stuck with the stock like components. I've talked to a few guys who run the Torque arms and they typically say they could have spent the money better elsewhere, but it's still a good piece. I also have to check the rules on that suspension I don't race yet, just HPDE's. But I don't want to bump myself to a different class unless I'm prepared to bring the rest of the car up to speed.

I'm already hanging with Miata's, 911's and M3s in the groups I run in. The only cars I have to work to keep up with are Z06 Vettes and STI's or EVO's.

I don't have the stuff to capture video or lap times yet, hopefully before next season. As you can see the roll bar has not been installed yet. :(

FarBeyondDriven said:
I would think that would cause more drag... wouldnt a flat one like rick sells be a little better?... that would seem like an air brake to me :shrug:

Who is this Rick and what does he sell?
Have you ever watched a NASCAR race?

There aren't many on this forum who understand road racing, so you'll get a lot of head scratcher replies. Personally it does look a tad bit taller than necessary, but still should do the job nicely. I would have gone with something adjustable though.

I seemed to notice that. I may trim it down a touch, but there was actually a handful of discussions with some aero people at Virginia Tech and there wasn't much benefit from making it adjustable and much more weight, but that was considered.

yeah, nascar uses wings that are more extreme than that...well they are until they start using the new cars. but you know how much faster they would go without it. but it is a trade off, better to have a slightly slower car that kills it in the turns than a car that screams but is all over the place

MUSTANGJOE said:

i can get someone more knowledgeable about this than anyone on here to back me up. my buddy fabricates chassis and bodys for nextel cup cars, hooters cup cars, busch series cars. works for hess racing and when he graduates hes going to work for bill davis racing

personally.. the wing is ugly.. looked MUCH better with ur saleen wing.

I dont see how the metal wing would be much of an improvement over the saleen... Ive seen plently of proff auto cross guys dig in while sporting the Saleen wing and do just fine.

Its your car though... do what you want.

Too bad though. its like having a little stain on a really nice shirt. :(

91RRLX said:
That's all new, I used the bullet stuff from F/R and New bushings everywhere.

Most of the racers in the AI and AIX groups have stuck with the stock like components. I've talked to a few guys who run the Torque arms and they typically say they could have spent the money better elsewhere, but it's still a good piece. I also have to check the rules on that suspension I don't race yet, just HPDE's. But I don't want to bump myself to a different class unless I'm prepared to bring the rest of the car up to speed.

I'm already hanging with Miata's, 911's and M3s in the groups I run in. The only cars I have to work to keep up with are Z06 Vettes and STI's or EVO's.

I don't have the stuff to capture video or lap times yet, hopefully before next season. As you can see the roll bar has not been installed yet. :(

That's damn good if you can hold your own with an those cars. M3's are 300+hp from the factory. What are you rockin' under the hood?

I don't autocross the car, not yet anyway. I take it to road courses, which are totally different, speeds are higher and turns vary a whole lot more.

90% of the Fox Body guys at the events I go to have a similar setup.

I guess i've posted in the wrong market, but that's cool everyone has the right to thier own opinion.

91RRLX said:
I don't autocross the car, not yet anyway. I take it to road courses, which are totally different, speeds are higher and turns vary a whole lot more.

90% of the Fox Body guys at the events I go to have a similar setup.

I guess i've posted in the wrong market, but that's cool everyone has the right to thier own opinion.

Yea thats what I meant, Id love to be into that kind of racing, but seems like it would be very expensive for events and to maintain the car, etc, so dont really look into it much.