My latest Creation

• Sponsors (?)

dragnazz5.0 said:
im all for it...who cares what everyone else thinks. i think it gives the car a different look and kind of like that "yeah, its there because its needs to be" look

That's how I feel about it. My road racing friends have all loved it.
If someone doesn't like it it's there choice and I'm cool with that.

mob said:
Yea thats what I meant, Id love to be into that kind of racing, but seems like it would be very expensive for events and to maintain the car, etc, so dont really look into it much.

Compared to Drag Racing I'd say it's about the same reoccuring cost. I've been doing the HPDE's since February and the pads haven't shown the much wear despite the perpetually brake dust coated front wheels. However the pads cost 150.

The upfront cost for road racing is probably higher because you usually have to touch all the componets.
J

bryce93lx said:
gee wasn't the saleen wing desinged by steve saleen who is a ...........very good........ road racer......right........but hey more power to the diy'ers

Im sure.....he designed....the saleen wing.....on the 93 5.0..... for road racing.

91RRLX said:
Have you ever watched a NASCAR race?

Yes i have. and im pretty sure thier wings are smaller than yours.

Now its my turn to ask you a question.

Do you enter turns at 180 + MPH ?

you cant compare your car to a 600hp engineered race car.

its still overkill in my book. i wasnt trying to be a dick about it, for the record.

bryce93lx said:
gee wasn't the saleen wing desinged by steve saleen who is a ...........very good........ road racer......right........but hey more power to the diy'ers

You are absolutely correct, if fact I've heard rumors that It's been wind tunnel tested. I simply did not like it and wanted a different solution. I search for a long time for one I did and that's the solution I preferred the most.

FarBeyondDriven said:
Yes i have. and im pretty sure thier wings are smaller than yours.

Now its my turn to ask you a question.

Do you enter turns at 180 + MPH ?

you cant compare your car to a 600hp engineered race car.

its still overkill in my book. i wasnt trying to be a dick about it, for the record.

I measured a spoiler from one of Bobby Labonte's old cars for Martinsville and it was just a touch under 6 inches tall. Mine is just a touch over

I do not enter turns at 180+ mph, however they do not enter turns at 180 + mph at Martinsville either, they are closer to 150. I do approach similar speeds especially at VIR and Road Atlanta.

I did not really mean to compare my car to a stock car, more that the idea is not without merit.

No offense taken on the comments either. I've quickly realized that this is the wrong place to show things of this nature if I wan't praise. The crowd I run with agrees with it and for the same reasons it was put in place, but thier opinion is still an opinion too.

91RRLX said:
I measured a spoiler from one of Bobby Labonte's old cars for Martinsville and it was just a touch under 6 inches tall. Mine is just a touch over

I do not enter turns at 180+ mph, however they do not enter turns at 180 + mph at Martinsville either, they are closer to 150. I do approach similar speeds especially at VIR and Road Atlanta.

I did not really mean to compare my car to a stock car, more that the idea is not without merit.

No offense taken on the comments either. I've quickly realized that this is the wrong place to show things of this nature if I wan't praise. The crowd I run with agrees with it and for the same reasons it was put in place, but thier opinion is still an opinion too.

no harm no foul no blood..... :cheers: