My LED taillight panels... which version should I use??

I finally logged back in today after a few years and had 8 PMs from people about these. Apparently I don't have any kind of email notification turned on, so sorry about that. I updated the first post to include what I believe are the original pics.

hellyeah i'm glad you finally fixed the pictures. that looks awesome. iwanted to do something like that but have no idea how. i wanted it just so the lights are brighter, hopefully meaning no idiots running into my rear. do you still have the car? any newer pics. i know many of us would be interested in getting a set made. after seeing how much better the led's are i want to try and upgrade all my nights.

I just went with the second type. I really didn't want to attract any more attention than I needed to.

I still have the car, but it's up on jack stands right now while I'm waiting for new control arms to show up. Once I get those on, I need to take the car out to get some pics for my insurance policy, so I may be able to get a few more shots of the tails.

I've been approached to make sets for other people, but to be honest, it was such a huge pain, I don't think there's much of a chance I'd do it again. Just to make up for the time and materials, I would have to charge $500 or so for a set. I'd be willing to sell my original prototype to someone if they want to try to make their own though.

Why don't you try this but vertically, like trying to resemble the the classic Mustangs or the 96-04? I've always imagined something like this.

This is of the regular tail lights.

I can pretty much guarantee that kit is WAY cheaper than it would cost to put a decent set together yourself. Granted it doesn't use even close to the same number of LEDs as I did, but I'd guess I had about $150 just in parts, (super-bright LEDs were/are pretty expensive), plus the countless hours of labor.

As far as a wiring diagram, I don't have one. I just came up with it all in my head, and calculated resistor values based on the LED ratings, and assumes a 14V source.