• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

My next project , a 428 build!

  • Thread starter Thread starter horse sence
  • Start date Start date Jul 29, 2026
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
First Prev 7 of 7

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,389
21,591
234
Box behind Walmart
Yesterday at 5:09 PM
#121
  • Yesterday at 5:09 PM
  • #121
Black ones would look good too.
 

horse sence

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
12,426
8,379
233
Wile Coyote's stunt double
Yesterday at 5:15 PM
#122
  • Yesterday at 5:15 PM
  • #122
Also need a couple of push in oil caps ,I need one set up for a PCV valve and one plain . This bullet cap has a built in PCV valve ,the other has Edelbrok engraved in it .
 
G

GOvert

15 Year Member
Jan 27, 2007
494
101
63
north central Tennessee Valley
Today at 6:04 AM
#123
  • Today at 6:04 AM
  • #123
Because I'm in an extremely humid climate, I would either clear coat the aluminum intake or just go ahead and paint it blue like the rest of the engine.
I clearcoat any alternators that I use too. I've caught our painter with leftover clear in the gun before and say, "hey, squirt this". But spray can clear is better than nothing.
How much does the aluminum intake weigh? The last time that I weighed an old cast iron FE intake, it was 87 pounds. It takes one of those small block 'bolt to your intake' lift devices to be able to pick it up and lower with the engine hoist!
Looking good and I'm sure that you are glad that the oil leak happened now instead of the first test drive.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • …
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
First Prev 7 of 7
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Engine Looking for suggestions and or ideas
  • PonyGTrider
  • Aug 25, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
473
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 7, 2026
PonyGTrider
9
Forced Induction Prepping for supercharger on non-stock build
  • 91fox427
  • Nov 25, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
491
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jan 5, 2026
Qtrhrse23
H
Ongoing Battle With Hydraulic Lifters
  • hailer06
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
446
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 9, 2026
Noobz347
Engine Gas in my oil
  • limp
  • Jun 15, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
35
Views
2K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 16, 2026
Mindseye007
6
Hey all,I’m putting together a 302 for my 1968 Mustang and wanted to post the combo + some questions to make sure I’m not missing crucial
  • 68_Disgustang
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
1K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 20, 2026
gray owl
G
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?