My next project , a 428 build!

Also need a couple of push in oil caps ,I need one set up for a PCV valve and one plain . This bullet cap has a built in PCV valve ,the other has Edelbrok engraved in it .
Screenshot_20261006_150903_Samsung Browser.webp
Screenshot_20261006_151150_Samsung Browser.webp
 
Because I'm in an extremely humid climate, I would either clear coat the aluminum intake or just go ahead and paint it blue like the rest of the engine.
I clearcoat any alternators that I use too. I've caught our painter with leftover clear in the gun before and say, "hey, squirt this". But spray can clear is better than nothing.
How much does the aluminum intake weigh? The last time that I weighed an old cast iron FE intake, it was 87 pounds. It takes one of those small block 'bolt to your intake' lift devices to be able to pick it up and lower with the engine hoist!
Looking good and I'm sure that you are glad that the oil leak happened now instead of the first test drive.