my next project

Dan95-5.0

Jun 14, 2003
Manitoba, Canada
as much as i want to do a turbo next year, i think i'm gonna hold off another year and tackle this project.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88098&highlight=mustang

instead of playing around with the hvac controls i would rather set it up like this

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81948

i remember seeing an old post about this but couldnt find it.

i will use it mostly for the tweecer, playing mp3 and watching videos. maybe wireless internet later on.

wish me luck

• Sponsors (?)

That looks cool for sure :nice:

I've never done much tuning in the car myself so my in car use of the laptop has been mainly for gathering data.

All my notes and other helpful software is on my big pc so I usually do the bulk of everything from the office.

With the method you propose, you could use a thumb drive to move the data back and forth :banana:

Let us know how things turn out :nice:

Grady

if i was to do it i would make it like this one

100_0853-vi.jpg

100_0892-vi.jpg

100_1012-vi.jpg

100_1016-vi.jpg

but for the 94/95 i would probably fill in the holes for the buttons at the bottom or make them into little USB ports

That would be sweet! I'd probably make some sort of retractable pannel to cover it when not it use or make it detachable somehow, so it doesn't attract unwanted attention when parked somewhere thieves can get at it. But thats just me.

1TallMF said:
That would be sweet! I'd probably make some sort of retractable pannel to cover it when not it use or make it detachable somehow, so it doesn't attract unwanted attention when parked somewhere thieves can get at it. But thats just me.

yeah if I had a set up like that I'd want some pretty dark tint on the windows

69clark said:
I too have wanted to do this, but looking at funds I think I will just carry the laptop out to the car for the next year or so. Good luck, it will be pretty cool.
That was the main thing stopping me. I need my laptop. But I came across an old laptop that will play music fine.

I already have a 7" fold-out screen for my car.. I also have two 12" 400 watt subs and such in my basement, just never thought of putting them in because i wanna go fast and not have all the weight.

I'm a real computer geek and i've thought about building a small computer for under the seat or in the trunk next to my nitrous bottle and running wires under my carpet... just haven't really found a need for me to be driving and using the computer at the same time.

zZsKyZz said:
I already have a 7" fold-out screen for my car.. I also have two 12" 400 watt subs and such in my basement, just never thought of putting them in because i wanna go fast and not have all the weight.

I'm a real computer geek and i've thought about building a small computer for under the seat or in the trunk next to my nitrous bottle and running wires under my carpet... just haven't really found a need for me to be driving and using the computer at the same time.
mp3's, GPS,

Well thats about it for while you are driviing, but you get the point.

we will see how it goes. i'll collect parts for it over the winter and put it together.

Urban96- i've seen his setup on there too but no way would i want to spend $350 on that trim piece. i can make that myself easy.

i think i'm gonna do it like his because you get the cover over the top of the monitor to block the lighting. i would cover up those holes tho and put my cd drive slot there. depends on how much room there is in front of my shifter.

I think that those screens have a film that helps out with the sun...I could be wrong though.

that's the one thing (and money) that's keeping me from doing that myself. I don't wanna put it in...and then not be able to see anything. Also the way that it's mounted in the dash may help out as well.

I wonder what direct sunlight would do to the LCD screen in my 'vert. I think they are made to withstand the extreme environment of the interior of a car, but I wonder about direct sunlight. Hmmm...

I want this in the worst way!