My used to be 5.0 on the dyno

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
NJ
Video is pretty self explanatory.
It was not easy or cheap, and was extremely time consuming.
I'd only recommend it if you have 10g's laying around.
I did most of the work with the help of long time friend BD and his head mechanic at his shop. So special thanks to them, at a certain point i felt like i worked there.
All stock gauges work, so does the A/C.

YouTube - Big Daddy Performance and Joe Carretta's 90 Mustang

• Sponsors (?)

He lurks in Tech

Ya, i got tired of the talk, just seemed like stupid non-mustang relevant posts all the time.

Shawn, been good, this car was a long road.

Nik,
I really have no clue what it cost, nor do i want to, lol.
But a good termi engine is $6500 or so (complete), some cheaper some more expensive.
Then the rest of the stuff.
Keep in mind i already had a TKO 600, so all i had to do what get the right bellhousing and a flywheel drilled for a 10.5 clutch setup and i was good to go.

I paid 5k for the engine in pieces (some jackass took it apart and couldn't afford to put it back together).
Which was a mistake on my part, alot of minor parts missing from it. I landed up doing file to fit rings and having it blue printed and balanced. Then BD made me take the heads for a valve job, another $600 on that.
minor parts from a y vin engine add up fast, basic items cost 10 times what gt parts cost.
For example, PS reservoir bracket at ford for a Gt, $18, cobra $190.
I'd say with wiring harness, computer and other crap i was missing it added up to $2000 more.

The whole project makes you appreciate how easy you get off working on pushrod cars, parts are plentiful and cheap.

Was it worth it? Now that it's done, ya.
Ask me 6 months ago, i would of said no.

Other notes.
The extra power down low as long as traction holds, is amazing. Car is pretty fast and just as dangerous.
On the downside when it's hot out, power drops significantly from heat soak, Even with a gords head exchanger.

Mods to the car are:
Gords HE
SCT 2400 meter
2.8 pulley
JLT intake
MM coil overs (by necessity not choice, had serious ride height issues).
For exhaust if you can believe this, stock 03 cobra headers, bassani SS offroad x pipe off a 96, and my 3 chamber FM catback that was already on the car.

Soon i'll be putting on my panhard bar, i've just been busy.

How about your hood? Do you have to go with a bigger cowl?

Very awesome Joe....:nice:
No, it clears my 1.5 inch hood easily.
Supposidly it even clears the stock hood if you cut some of the support out where the pulley it.
It's deceiving if you stood next to it, you would think no way the hood is closing, for sure the pulley is going to hit.
If it didn't close, the pulley would of gotten a hole made in the hood for it.

geez man that's awesome, hadn't heard from ya in a long time. it screams!

What about moving the filter to the fenderwell to bring down inlet temps?

Thanks guys.

It's really not the intake temps that kill the power.
It's the heat exchanger temperature that does.
I already have the gords HE, and the canton tank where the battery goes. Really not much more you can do about it.

With 90-100 degree heat here in NJ pretty much for a month straight, power during the day is down.
But at night, it's a menace to drive. Certainly not the car you lend out. When temps hit like 65 degrees at night, it even makes me as the driver nervous. Winter months should be interesting.

Mansonozz, I guess tech and talk is very different.
All of you old school stangnet guys are in talk, i really have only been in tech.
Kinda ironic that the guys that know the most, hang out in the talk section.
Lol.

Yea, I just do a quick drive-by nowadays in the talk section to see if anything interesting is going on with anyone. Haven't been to Tech in a long time, or whatever the off-topic forum is called this week.

The car sounds great, congrats on getting it going. If you've mentioned it at all in tech I would've missed it, so this is the first I'm seeing it. Very cool!

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

wow very nice, all your stuff is top notch so I wouldn't have thought anything else. I have been looking at a simular swap, did you go with a stand alone or the termi computer?

wow very nice, all your stuff is top notch so I wouldn't have thought anything else. I have been looking at a simular swap, did you go with a stand alone or the termi computer?

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

I used an 03 cobra computer with a chip.
The OBDII port is in the glove compartment and works just like it would on a cobra.
I deleted the entire under the hood fuse box, and used one i found on another harness i had.
Why anyone uses the UTH fuse box, i have no clue, only six wires get powered up there on a foxbody, that's a whole lot of wire for almost nothing.

This is what i had left over.05/27/2010 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
The dash harness (other than the computer connectors themselves) and the body harness are damn near useless.
So was most of the UTH fuse box harness.
I probably only used about 1/10 of all the wire harness's i had.