Mysterious light bulb socket for 2010 Mustang V6

Hi Guys,

Kinda confused here. I just bought an LED headlight bulb set to replace my headlights, but the darn things don't "latch" on to the assembly once I turn them clockwise. Upon further inspection, I see that the socket itself is different, even though on the LED bulb website, it was advertised as a 2010 Mustang compatible model.

Here are pictures of my current headlight sockets (not the LED ones):

image4.jpeg

Here's the picture of the LED one:

1644465061252.png

Any idea of why this is different? I couldn't find a compatible model, just by looking at the latching mechanism itself.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Guaraldi

• Sponsors (?)

Hi Guys,

Kinda confused here. I just bought an LED headlight bulb set to replace my headlights, but the darn things don't "latch" on to the assembly once I turn them clockwise. Upon further inspection, I see that the socket itself is different, even though on the LED bulb website, it was advertised as a 2010 Mustang compatible model.

Here are pictures of my current headlight sockets (not the LED ones):

image4.jpeg

Here's the picture of the LED one:

1644465061252.png

Any idea of why this is different? I couldn't find a compatible model, just by looking at the latching mechanism itself.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Guaraldi
Well the pic your showing is not a headlight bulb, might be turn signal, the headlight would be a Halogen type bulb, I believe both would be in the headlight housing, look for another connector on the back of the housing.

Well the pic your showing is not a headlight bulb, might be turn signal, the headlight would be a Halogen type bulb, I believe both would be in the headlight housing, look for another connector on the back of the housing.
You are absolutely correct, lol. I was trying to change the wrong bulb. Here are the pictures of before and after. I'm actually pretty happy with the results.

BEFORE:
image8.jpeg
image9.jpeg
image10.jpeg

AFTER:

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg