need a little advice on my vortech

stanggt00

Jul 16, 2003
baltimore md
ok just got the paxton fmic in the mail also have upgrade vortech valve and a 3.12 pulley 6-rib

my question is will i have to worry about slippage with this size pulley

i am going to the 3.12 from 3.6 pulley..

also what kind of boost should i see with a 3.12 i am seeing about 9psi atm..

last question would a 10% overdrive pulley be worth the money

i am tring to get all i can out of the sq-trim

• Sponsors (?)

ok just got the paxton fmic in the mail also have upgrade vortech valve and a 3.12 pulley 6-rib

my question is will i have to worry about slippage with this size pulley

i am going to the 3.12 from 3.6 pulley..

also what kind of boost should i see with a 3.12 i am seeing about 9psi atm..

last question would a 10% overdrive pulley be worth the money

i am tring to get all i can out of the sq-trim

Not sure about the slippage, but I recently put on the paxton and went from the 3.6 to a 3.33. I had 9.5 psi with the 3.6. Mph told me that you lose 2psi from the fmic and I was back to 9.5psi after the install. So you get roughly 2psi every .3 inches. So my guess is that you will get an extra 2 psi with the intercooler in. This is me just guessing. I am not much of a mechanic. If you get stuck in the install let me know I can probably help you because I just did it.good luck

I would say belt slip could be a toss up. I have a friend with a vortech and paxton fm running a 2.87" pulley with no slip making around 14lbs or a little more. I am also in the process of putting the front mount on and am debtaing between a 3.3" or 3.1" My 3.3" is a RR so not worried about slip, but just worried about no making the numebrs I want with a 3.3" because I will still be at 10 pounds ish....we shall see I guess

yes i agree the slipping will be a toss up. the psi will be between 11-13depending on how restricted the rest of your set up is. However, you will lose a bit of boost through the intercooler. i think the paxton intercooler which i also have is extreemly efficiant and you wont lose much. i expected to lose a couple psi because of it but i still made 14psi with a 3.0 pully. i have a novi 200 though and its a little different as far as boost is concerned.

overall i think you will still be in the 11-13 psi range

btw, that will only be if your adding a boost pipe at the same time. the boost pipe will make up for the psi loss through the intercooler. thats what i did.