Need a recommendation for 02 GT shocks/springs

GeorgiaTech

Dec 4, 2004
I'm saving up for my next modification and I'm leaning towards lowering springs/shocks. I'm just looking for a noticeable drop, maybe an inch or so. I drive back home to Texas once or twice a year with the car fully loaded so I don't want to have it dropped so much that the rear tires hit the body.

So what are you guys running? Also, is it okay to just run new springs w/ the stock shocks? I read elsewhere that doing that will kill the stock shocks quickly.

Thanks,
Paul

• Sponsors (?)

im sitting on eibach prokit with 17 inch fr500s. the stock shockers are goners. ive got the eibach pro dampers sitting in my garage but no time to put them in =(. the drop is very sutble on the prokits. but just enough to make them look good. i myself am looking to get different springs cuz i wanna SLAM that sucker to the floor. the gap is just too big for me. if you like what you see ill sell you my used prokits for 50 bucks+shipping. :nice: let me know and we can work something out.

100_1015.jpg

100_1003.jpg

Attachments

• 100_1015.jpg
    100_1015.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 100_1003.jpg
    100_1003.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 77
When you lower more than 1.5" the number and cost of parts you must install to do it correctly increases very significantly.

If you cut corners, the car will be unstable and unsafe to drive and someday a little water or loose gravel will own you :owned:

But hey, all your friends will compliment you on the "slammed" look so its all worth it right?

I'm on prokits springs with the stock dampeners. IMO gives a nice subtle drop. I carry tons of junk in the car. Heck when I go out of town to go racing. I have a full set of tires, full size jack, stands, impact, 2 nitrous bottles, video gear, 2 helmets, fire jacket, cooler with drinks, and usually me and a passenger.

I am thinking of some adjustables now though.

Hey 88BlueGT how is the ride quality over bumps with the bilstiens and pro kit. i currently have the pro kit with edelbrock shocks but the roads here in L.A. are very bad giving a really harsh and bumpy ride, so im thinking of switching to bilstiens.

the ride isnt really bad at all. My friend has the same thing on his 96 cobra we both love it. I mean im sure we dont have roads here in MD as harsh as you do in Cali but, i would still recommend them.:nice: