need advice on a good launching suspension setup

• Sponsors (?)

Jackie prolly the best to answer this.
It looks like you have a bit of a cornering suspension now. Which Eibach did you go with can't tell from the pic.
My suggestion, get some good LCA's I like These Of course you can't go wrong with Metco's or any of the better companies like steeda MM.
It is possible to cut a 1.7 with the Prokit springs. But I think your tires may hold you back unless your real good at getting it outta the hole. You may also need to think of a power adder.
What are your times like now?
Have you thought of weight reduction?
Gears?

is a 1.7 60' on a low powered car even possible, btw i love my bullitt/tokico premium setup for launching, it just sets and go's, I am definatly ther limiting factor to quicker 60' mtimes. MM adjustable LCA's are a good choice for an LCA

Your wanting to cut alot outta your 60' and do it with street tires. Good luck.
Ok like I said before get some good LCA's you may want to get some with bushing in them not solids the solids sound like and do rip the car apart. Get Torque boxes welded up REAL good too.
Reduce weight, perhaps yank front sway bar off, add more power to the car, play with tire pressure and if you do burnouts play with that. ( I don't do burnouts I've played around and they don't seem to help me ). Practice ALOT. Some people just drive better, so you can either practice till you get there or just say F it and throw either Dr's or slicks on it and go for it. Also MORE POWER mo better. :D

stonegod85 said:
my vert into a 1.7 60ft with zr street tires!

i dont think you are going to do it with suspension on regular tires. Maybe a race compound but not z rated street tires. You will have to get your car down to around 3200lbs to have a chance or add a bunch of power(take a Look at what an srt-8 300 is doing with an auto)

you need to either get a sticky tire, or plan on a lot of suspension tuning that probably no one on here has attempted on street tires.

the best i have seen someone run on a 17" non drag radial tire is Tony Whetstone in FFW Street Stang and that was a low 1.80. His set up was LCA's and a stock suspension on Nitto non dr's and a 5spd with skinnies up front. I know 1.8s is possible with a softer suspension with an auto vert, Will(Tarzan) on here did it with his 00 vert on street tires. maybe he will chime in

I would deffinately do lower control arms. to me that is a no brainer. I like handling as well so I would look at the ones with spherical bearins as they bind less.

I think you goal is a tad unrealistic with your springs but that being said contrl arms are a piece to any setup so start there.

if you really want a low 60' you would switch springs and shocks and struts as well and put the car on a diet. run smaller diamet lighter wheels as well.

I like more of a combo aproach. have a set of slicks or dr for the track and then have a stiffer suspention and car that handles nice on the street. I am not what I would consider and avid drag racer though. I might go once a year for fun. If I went everyweeked during the season I am sure I would have a crappy handling nice launching setup.

propellerhead said:
I'm still trying to figure out what this guy did... NA, 4.10s and Strange adjustable shocks, slicks, skinnies.. .and he lifts a wheel.

http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75353
My guess chassis is twisting lifting the wheel. Also lack of sway bar will allow one wheel to come up easier. I didn't read but I'd suspect no SFC's. I was told if you don't care about the body and want a good launching stock suspension to NOT put SFC's on. Personal I like my body panels to line up (had too many that didn't) and I like to corner.
BTW I got a buddy who was doing the same thing in his fox body was just a hard launch chassis twist one wheel lift.

propellerhead said:
I'm still trying to figure out what this guy did... NA, 4.10s and Strange adjustable shocks, slicks, skinnies.. .and he lifts a wheel.

http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75353
i dont know what you are talking about, that is easy. I do it in my 95 on 17inch et streets with lowering springs and did it in my 01 with bone stock susp and bullitts all the way around...some really ****ty pics but you get the idea

http://forums.modulardepot.com/show...d=42367&perpage=20&highlight=osw&pagenumber=2